5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swing Case

Dominacb

Reaction score

GM convert

Reaction score
The one thing that may be bad is that they cover up the bed lights.

Dominacb

Reaction score
Are you near nj? I've got 2 if your interested I could sell them to u.

Dominacb

Reaction score
Idk. It might not make sense with shipping . I'll take some pics later and see if you are interested in mine. They have been in my shed for 2 years and I haven't looked at their condition since I took them off and got my 4th gen with ramboxes

Maverick

Reaction score
For the lights you can quickly and easily swing boxes out when you need the light. I don’t think a 4th Gen swing box will fit a 5th Gen.

Dominacb

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I found them deep in the shed and didnt have time to clean them off. One is perfect inside the other has orange paint on the inside.

Attachments

• 20180721_173803.jpg
    20180721_173803.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 155
  • 20180721_173811.jpg
    20180721_173811.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 149

anthtony

Reaction score
For those that purchased these, will the tie-down rails (part of the bed utility group I believe) interfere with the swing-case closing? Thanks in advance for any help!

Jstadick

Reaction score
For those that purchased these, will the tie-down rails (part of the bed utility group I believe) interfere with the swing-case closing? Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm almost certain they would. I've got the utility rails installed and they pretty much go the length of the bed, including the space between the wheelwell and the tailgate...just where these want to be in the closed position. They also look to mount just where my mopar bed extender mounts too, so a double wammy. Bums me out too because I'd like to have them......need some that attach to the utility rails! Come on aftermarket folks ;) (yes I know there is a mopar tool box that attaches to the utility rails, but I would like something that doesn't eat up so much of the bed)

anthtony

Reaction score
I'm almost certain they would. I've got the utility rails installed and they pretty much go the length of the bed, including the space between the wheelwell and the tailgate...just where these want to be in the closed position. They also look to mount just where my mopar bed extender mounts too, so a double wammy. Bums me out too because I'd like to have them......need some that attach to the utility rails! Come on aftermarket folks ;) (yes I know there is a mopar tool box that attaches to the utility rails, but I would like something that doesn't eat up so much of the bed)
I have the rails in my bed too. The Limited already comes with LED bed lights, so I basically paid $450 for the Bed Utility Group for these rails. Pretty insane.

I ordered one of the swing cases for the driver side through amazon. I’ll see how it goes. I wouldn’t be against removing one of the utility rails in order to have this storage.

Marty3374

Reaction score

anthtony

Reaction score
I have the rails in my bed too. The Limited already comes with LED bed lights, so I basically paid $450 for the Bed Utility Group for these rails. Pretty insane.

I ordered one of the swing cases for the driver side through amazon. I’ll see how it goes. I wouldn’t be against removing one of the utility rails in order to have this storage.
For those that might be interested—I installed the drivers side today and it works just fine with the bed utility rails that are part of the Bed Utility Group. Woo hoo!

Last edited:

GATORB8

Reaction score
I just ordered the SC302D --one for the driver side from Amazon Prime for 197.12
I just installed in my truck but I dont have the lights. Is there a lighf on both sides? One light will still work
For those that might be interested—I installed the drivers side today and it works just fine with the bed utility rails that are part of the Bed Utility Group. Woo hoo!
What do you guys think after having these on for a month? Would you buy again? Anyone have pics laying around?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the idea of swing cases... not thrilled that they block the lights in the bed. How far past the wheel well do they stick out or are they pretty flush up against the interior wall?

RamMeToo

Reaction score
I considered these but instead chose to go with the AMP bed extender. As you can imagine you cannot do both at the same time.

With the bed extender is in the inside position it’s easy to place a toolbox and/or one of those stiff fabric trunk divider bags in there to organize things and you don’t have to worry about them sliding away from the tailgate.

Then I still have the extender when needed.

anthtony

Reaction score
What do you guys think after having these on for a month? Would you buy again? Anyone have pics laying around?
I'll get some pics and upload them this afternoon of my setup.

Generally speaking I really like the Swingcases. If I were planning on using them every day and needed even more storage space, I would have gotten Ramboxes. I just don't like the look of the RamBoxes or the way they take up so much bed space. For me, I carry around some general tools and a couple different hitches for my trailers. They work perfect for that. Plus, they come out in a matter of seconds if you need the full bed to load/haul stuff. I'm very happy with them....the big concern I had was putting small items in the back and not having a bed divider and having them slide up/down the bed while driving. I solved for that using the 2x4's in one of my previous posts....I also just decided to pick up a bedrug bed mat (not the full liner). This will be the perfect combo for me.

As far as blocking the LED bed lights - they definitely do. There is some light that will still shine through but it is limited. However, if you "swing" one of the cases open the entire bed will light up. My plan is to stick an LED light puck on each of my swing cases. They are powered by AAA batteries and only cost a few bucks. For times when I get in the tailgate and need extra light and don't have the tonneau cover open they will work great I think.

This is my $.02 on Swingcases :)

Users who are viewing this thread