5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swing Case

MSchnLoneStar19

Reaction score
I'll get some pics and upload them this afternoon of my setup.

Generally speaking I really like the Swingcases. If I were planning on using them every day and needed even more storage space, I would have gotten Ramboxes. I just don't like the look of the RamBoxes or the way they take up so much bed space. For me, I carry around some general tools and a couple different hitches for my trailers. They work perfect for that. Plus, they come out in a matter of seconds if you need the full bed to load/haul stuff. I'm very happy with them....the big concern I had was putting small items in the back and not having a bed divider and having them slide up/down the bed while driving. I solved for that using the 2x4's in one of my previous posts....I also just decided to pick up a bedrug bed mat (not the full liner). This will be the perfect combo for me.

As far as blocking the LED bed lights - they definitely do. There is some light that will still shine through but it is limited. However, if you "swing" one of the cases open the entire bed will light up. My plan is to stick an LED light puck on each of my swing cases. They are powered by AAA batteries and only cost a few bucks. For times when I get in the tailgate and need extra light and don't have the tonneau cover open they will work great I think.

This is my $.02 on Swingcases :)
Pics ?

Yog

Reaction score
Question for anyone with one of these and a tonneau cover installed (ie rails for tonneau).

Can you open the tops of these without swinging them out (in bed)?
Or do they hit the clamps that you secure the tonneau to the bed?

SB89

Reaction score
Question for anyone with one of these and a tonneau cover installed (ie rails for tonneau).

Can you open the tops of these without swinging them out (in bed)?
Or do they hit the clamps that you secure the tonneau to the bed?
This is my concern too. I've got a Truxedo TruXsport tonneau on and the clamps are about as far back as they'll go. My Swing Case just got delivered today and I'm hoping to install in the next few days. Hoping the clamps don't get in the way, and also hoping there is enough access inside the Swing Case without having to unroll the tonneau cover.

SB89

Reaction score
Another que
This is my concern too. I've got a Truxedo TruXsport tonneau on and the clamps are about as far back as they'll go. My Swing Case just got delivered today and I'm hoping to install in the next few days. Hoping the clamps don't get in the way, and also hoping there is enough access inside the Swing Case without having to unroll the tonneau cover.
Just installed it today. REALLY like it. I've got an air compressor, jumper cables, socket set, ratchet straps, bungee cords, hitch receiver/ball, gloves and washer fluid in there with room for more. Even with the clamps from the tonneau cover, opens up most of the way without having to swing it out.

Sticks out from the wheel well a bit more than I'd like but does a really good job of utilizing that unused space. No issues with install, I even took off the tail light and put a little silicon around the exposed screws for some added protection from moisture.

Attachments

• IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 179

Users who are viewing this thread