5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sway or Light Front End

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I dropped my cookie when I read that! Are you kidding me? If they got any sales, then PT Barnum was right...

Equalizer myself.

Is it really so bad though? The truck is at least $40,000 to $60,000, the trailer is at least $20,000, the value of your life and the lives of your passengers or the people you may hit on the road; if a propride keeps you straight and one hand on the wheel vs other hitches which may give you white knuckle and stress, couple thousand doesn't seem that bad to me.

I'll probably get one (or the hensley stinger) before next season. Towing and RV'ing should be relaxed and stress free. And after all, this is the one piece of equipment you can actually keep for life and move it with you as you switch trucks and/or trailers.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is it really so bad though? The truck is at least $40,000 to $60,000, the trailer is at least $20,000, the value of your life and the lives of your passengers or the people you may hit on the road; if a propride keeps you straight and one hand on the wheel vs other hitches which may give you white knuckle and stress, couple thousand doesn't seem that bad to me.

I'll probably get one (or the hensley stinger) before next season. Towing and RV'ing should be relaxed and stress free. And after all, this is the one piece of equipment you can actually keep for life and move it with you as you switch trucks and/or trailers.
I mostly agree with this but my main concern would be if the truck I switch to is a 3500 (or a high-payload 2500) and the trailer I switch to is a 5th wheel. Then you don't need this. Could probably sell it I guess.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mostly agree with this but my main concern would be if the truck I switch to is a 3500 (or a high-payload 2500) and the trailer I switch to is a 5th wheel. Then you don't need this. Could probably sell it I guess.
Yes, exactly, I haven't looked into resale prices but considering these hitches do not wear out or get worse with time, I'm sure used prices would be fairly high. At that point, what you lost just goes into the bucket along with RV depreciation, tire wear, gas(!) etc.

I do understand bulking at the purchase price because I'm there too, but I've mostly managed to convince myself that it would be worth it.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dropped my cookie when I read that! Are you kidding me? If they got any sales, then PT Barnum was right...

Equalizer myself.
When I priced it, with shipping, it was something like $3600. I didn't go far enough into the purchase process for it to add sales tax--which I assume it would. That's about 7% where I'm at.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey all, I wanted to circle back since I started this thread. I bit the bullet and got a propride 3p a few months ago. Installation took a while because I certainly didn't want to do it wrong. I've only towed with it twice (about 40 minutes each way) and once was to the dealership to replace the A/C unit. I know I need to get it to a scale, but I do like the way it tows. Only negative so far is that the dealership doesn't have one of those adapters so I had to leave my receiver end with them. They weren't crazy about it not having the standard ball coupler, but they weren't too bad about it either. I didn't really want to buy the adapter myself since I'd have no other use for it.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd buy the adapter, but maybe that's just me. I figure if I buy a tool and use it once, that's break-even (compared to paying someone else to do the job), and second use and beyond is ahead of the game.

And actually, I'm surprised the dealer doesn't have an adapter. Maybe they need to up their game.

Users who are viewing this thread