5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping out Big Horn basic cloth seats for something better?

Wsmith

Reaction score
Try this site https://leatherseatpros.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the sight I used to get a price for the leather. The $1,399 was an installed price from a local Katzkin installer. The leather not installed showed $859 on this site. It is a little wonky using the options, it seemed like it never nailed down the exact vehicle I had.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is the sight I used to get a price for the leather. The $1,399 was an installed price from a local Katzkin installer. The leather not installed showed $859 on this site. It is a little wonky using the options, it seemed like it never nailed down the exact vehicle I had.

Hmmm let me double check mine lol

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m installing my own

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you tried Clazzio seat covers? I used them on my 2005 F150 and most everyone thought that I had leather seats in the truck. https://www.truckleather.com/

$499 you just as well get the basic katzkin with perforated for $523

91aa6ea1a7cf773eb16b9ef0696c1b96.jpg

Axe

Reaction score
All this talk about Katzkins, is a leather seat cover going to make the seat foam any less stiff? Or is it still going to be a stiff seat covered in leather?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope. It’s the same foam pad underneath. Depending on the construction of the seat cover it may seem a bit softer.

My dad has a 2020 Limited and his seats feel about the same firmness as mine, just a lot more supple.

Last edited:
Reactions: Axe

Conch007

Reaction score
The dealership only sells the black leather seats. I think the RAM logo is stamped on it which is the only real benefit you'd get if you're looking at just black leather seats.

I don't think you can custom order any registered/trademarked logos if you go directly through Katzkin, but you have a lot more seat configuration options.
Actually the dealer can order any color combination katzkin has through their dealer portal. I ordered black and red with red stitching for my ex wife’s compass when we were together it was 1200 installed th purchased directly at dealership parts counter waited for them to come in they scheduled me with th katzkin authorized installer I dropped my jeep off at the katzkin installers and the dealership picked me up from there and gave me a loaner for 3 days while they put my car back together.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Actually the dealer can order any color combination katzkin has through their dealer portal. I ordered black and red with red stitching for my ex wife’s compass when we were together it was 1200 installed th purchased directly at dealership parts counter waited for them to come in they scheduled me with th katzkin authorized installer I dropped my jeep off at the katzkin installers and the dealership picked me up from there and gave me a loaner for 3 days while they put my car back together.
That sounds like a great deal and good service from your local dealer.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
92ECD03D-488E-4392-85A6-33C335126127.jpeg 6215C0B1-67D5-441D-8C62-C5F34A0FFC3E.jpeg
I had Katzkins installed on my truck, however they cost WAY more than $1200.. LOL..but it’s because I went with a custom design, heated with piping, etc. I’ve had them on for a little over a year now and they have held up really well so far.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also Katzkin. Installed myself 9 month ago, they still look new. Bought them from leatherseatspro for $729. So far so good. ram2.jpg ram1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread