5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Longhorn Grill for Limited

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've got the longhorn grill and I like the appearance. I also like the limited's look as well. I don't completely understand why some are against the look of limited's style.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For my personal preference I prefer the Longhorn grill over the Limited. Both are nice grills, it’s just what I like with no insult meant to the Limited’s owners.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Feels like and is are two dlifferent things. If you like the luxury, Limited is it. Want to drive a luxury barn, Longhorn is it. No disrespect to barns.

Would 100% disagree, there is a reason top trims of luxury cars have brown:black as an option. It’s just preference. Nothing to do with barns or cowboys

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only "cowboy" feature on my longhorn are the buckles on the backside of the seats. I'll agree with those who think the longhorn's interior is too "western-cowboy" with the all brown interior but I have the black/tan interior and I love it.

PrISM

Reaction score
I thought about doing a swap on my Limited since I'm doing a de-chrome and would be getting a grill painted anyway. With the release of the blacked out 2020 Limited I think I might just order a black grille from that. It's probably going to be more durable than a painted one.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Well after doing some digging my self - the part number is 68404974A there seem to be different variants of this number, not sure the difference yet. Looks like the whole assembly is about 1k.

PorBoy

Reaction score
So for possibly $1K you’ll have the entire all black Limited grill if I’m understanding this correctly?

Checkairspeed

Reaction score
Would 100% disagree, there is a reason top trims of luxury cars have brown:black as an option. It’s just preference. Nothing to do with barns or cowboys
When Ram d
When Ram’s describes the interior as
“2019 Ram Laramie Longhorn interior carries iconic features from traditionally handcrafted wares such as the antique pocket watch, hand-tooled leather cowboy boots or a horseman’s saddle” Not arguing preference. The mfg markets to a specific niche. I preferred they Limited, but I also like the Laramie, just not everyday. So when the comment is made that one is cheaper than the other, I say nope. Just preference.

natron!

Reaction score
Do you have a link. I tried searching the number and i couldn't find anything.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Shucks Lol I thought I was the only one having problems with that part number. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
^^^. No need for apologies lol I’m sure you purposely set us up for failure ha ha ha ha ha ha , just kidding sir. :)

Danny_TheHouseCook

Reaction score
I thought about doing a swap on my Limited since I'm doing a de-chrome and would be getting a grill painted anyway. With the release of the blacked out 2020 Limited I think I might just order a black grille from that. It's probably going to be more durable than a painted one.
Can't order painted grills. They now come "paint to match". I know b/c I just went through it. Picked up my new grill thinking I would be able to swap this weekend. Nope. I had to take it to a paint shop and am now waiting for them to finish painting it. Sorry to give you the bad news.

Users who are viewing this thread