5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swapping Longhorn Grill for Limited

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? Anyone have the parts numbers?

dsn112

Reaction score
How would that work? The headlights are different shape, so without major retrofitting and thousands in lights, I don't think it happens.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
People have did it. At one point some limited owners wanted to swap. Mine has grown on me now
That’s good to hear. Hope someone that has done it can chime in. Ordering a new truck soon and prefer grill of limited but interior of longhorn.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hope you are able to get it done. I traded my Limited 2 days after driving it off the lot for a Longhorn because I liked the LH grille better than the Limited...

Rototerrier

Reaction score
The Longhorn is a much nicer truck. I feel sorry for all you limited owners. Grill envy is no fun.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Hope you are able to get it done. I traded my Limited 2 days after driving it off the lot for a Longhorn because I liked the LH grille better than the Limited...

Sounds like an expensive change lol. The Longhorn interior is much classier and the wood trim is significantly better than the plastic stuff in the Limited. The black saddle really pops with the two tone and brown stitching.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like an expensive change lol. The Longhorn interior is much classier and the wood trim is significantly better than the plastic stuff in the Limited. The black saddle really pops with the two tone and brown stitching.
The limited wood is real.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
There is no way I could deal with the cowboy theme of the longhorn so I personally disagree with the longhorn being better.

Good thing they make both lol. I do agree on the lighter interiors though, the Cowboy theme is a bit more in your face. It gets a bit dialed back on the Black Saddle. In all fairness I only saw the black interior Limited and compared it to the Black Longhorn.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agree on cowboy theme. They should make a limited with the dark brown seats and black accents without the cowboy stuff. It would be fantastic.

I love my limited interior. Everybody that gets in is floored. The only thing I don't like is the accent stitching.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Agree on cowboy theme. They should make a limited with the dark brown seats and black accents without the cowboy stuff. It would be fantastic.

I love my limited interior. Everybody that gets in is floored. The only thing I don't like is the accent stitching.
Yeah the indigo frost was my first choice then the saddle black next but I hate those saddle bags

jjs3788

Reaction score
Is this the Longhorn grill, if so I'm looking to trade even up for a Limited grill if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• 20191011_165904.jpg
    20191011_165904.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 125

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Is this the Longhorn grill, if so I'm looking to trade even up for a Limited grill if anyone is interested.

that’s either a 2500 or 3500 dually - def not a 1500 half ton. the longhorn grille is similar (horizontal chrome bars) but more of a trapezoidal shape just like the limited but not squared off like in that picture. And OP is correct; the longhorn and limited have the same exact front end so the grille should be interchangeable without body work.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
Still no one knows the part number?

Last edited:

jjs3788

Reaction score
that’s either a 2500 or 3500 dually - def not a 1500 half ton. the longhorn grille is similar (horizontal chrome bars) but more of a trapezoidal shape just like the limited but not squared off like in that picture. And OP is correct; the longhorn and limited have the same exact front end so the grille should be interchangeable without body work.

Yea, mine is a 3500 dually. I prefer the look of the Limited grill.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Here are the two grills of the Longhorn and Limited. First picture is Longhorn and the second picture is the Limited. 0CBB4B64-EE44-4000-B8E9-BD3AF374BEAF.png E04732D1-5129-4E01-8406-2A91346B4FD0.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread