5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swap LED overhead console lights from Laramie

Dgulia

Reaction score
Has anyone swapped their regular overhead console with the one from Laramie with LEDs. And what were the results. Just curious.
Thanks

billyraff

Reaction score
Bump. I’d like to change my orange/yellow overhead light to LED

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know of anyone that has done a console swap.

Most of us that have upgraded our interior lighting to LED have bought LED bulbs (LASFit, Diode Dynamics, Amazon, etc.) and just replaced the OEM bulbs.

I say 'most' because I don't know what everyone has done. Someone may have swapped consoles but I've only read of swapping out the bulbs.

The floor and dome lights are easy, the glove box is a little tricky if you have sausage fingers like me, and the map lights are a bugger as you have to remove the overhead console from the roof and disassemble some of it to get to the bulbs. You can do the map lights with the console in place but it ups the difficulty level and increases the chance you will break the bulb socket when seating the bulb (it is not very robust).

Last edited:

billyraff

Reaction score

Most of us that have upgraded our interior lighting to LED have bought LED bulbs (LASFit, Diode Dynamics, Amazon, etc.) and just replaced the OEM bulbs.

I say 'most' because I don't know what everyone has done. Someone may have swapped consoles but I've only read of swapping out the bulbs.

The floor and dome lights are easy, the glove box is a little tricky if you have sausage fingers like me, and the map lights are a bugger as you have to remove the overhead console from the roof and disassemble some of it to get to the bulbs. You can do the map lights with the console in place but it ups the difficulty level but increasing the chance you will break the bulb socket when seating the bulb (it is not very robust).
Awesome. Yeah I’d just be looking to change the light bulbs. LEDs all over the outside but not up top on my new rebel level 2. Crazy that it is but hoping an easy swap.

Luis1275

Reaction score
Anyone knows if the overhead console with the tailgate release will swap with the one without that comes on the bighorn night edition and will the tailgate work?

Atp816

Reaction score
I know this is a pretty late response, but in case anyone looks for reference;

I’ve swapped my bighorn console out for one similar to the first photo you posted, similarly, for the tailgate release button. I used alfaobd to enable the feature and everything but the courtesy light button seems to work (at least that’s what I’m assuming it is, but I’ll attach a photo with the button circled). The map lights work individually, so it doesn’t bother me too much.

I happened to be searching for info in an attempt to get it working and I stumbled upon this thread.

Attachments

• CEFB1288-8C80-4C2E-86B9-D19F4449F280.jpeg
    CEFB1288-8C80-4C2E-86B9-D19F4449F280.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 41

liq001

Reaction score

The floor and dome lights are easy, the glove box is a little tricky if you have sausage fingers like me, and the map lights are a bugger as you have to remove the overhead console from the roof and disassemble some of it to get to the bulbs. You can do the map lights with the console in place but it ups the difficulty level and increases the chance you will break the bulb socket when seating the bulb (it is not very robust).
Is there any possible to swap the yellow door handle lights and door cup holder lights to white LEDs? Thanks. Do you know any kits available on market?

Atp816

Reaction score
Is there any possible to swap the yellow door handle lights and door cup holder lights to white LEDs? Thanks. Do you know any kits available on market?
Here’s a thread where this was discussed, at post #15 Paragoptics Lighting plugs their kit which looks to accomplish what you’re looking for.

Their website also has an installation video for reference.

Users who are viewing this thread