5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suspension Opinions needed

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Hello I have been reading a lot about suspension through this forum and am going to finally be getting my items installed in two weeks I would like to just get opinions from people with similar builds on the best way to go about lifting and netting around 3 inches I have a crew cab 1500 non orp. Items that I have right now waiting for installation are as follow front and rear billstein 5100s, icon rear springs and mopar ucas I appreciate any info and or input

Timothyduggan

Reaction score
I have all of the same parts going on tomorrow morning. Bilsteins will be set to #5. Keeping stock wheels and upgrading to 35x12.5 KO2s. My truck is a non ORP big horn. Ill post pictures and thoughts on it tomorrow after i pick it up.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t think you’ll need the UCA’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoRamGo

Reaction score
I have all of the same parts going on tomorrow morning. Bilsteins will be set to #5. Keeping stock wheels and upgrading to 35x12.5 KO2s. My truck is a non ORP big horn. Ill post pictures and thoughts on it tomorrow after i pick it up.
Perfect I appreciate it cant wait to see

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Don’t think you’ll need the UCA’s

From what i have been reading i believe you are right but like some others have been saying for the added security for under $100 i just bought them

ff13375

Reaction score
Add the OPR springs setting 5 on bilstein will get you 3in. I did do 2in spacer rear. Stock tires 275x65x18

Last edited:

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Are the ORP springs for the front sorry im new to trucks and all that as of right now i have 33s on a 20 inch rim

ff13375

Reaction score
Are the ORP springs for the front sorry im new to trucks and all that as of right now i have 33s on a 20 inch rim
Yes add the OPR springs to the front. That will give you another 1in. So bilstein setting 5 with the opr springs should get you 3in . That's what I did

ff13375

Reaction score
The ride is definitely stiffer but I don't mind it. To me feels like how a truck should. For now I also kept my stocked wheels. I got around 3 1/4 front bc I have a V6. 20201014_171103.jpg

Timothyduggan

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from install. Looks amazing, rides nice just a bit little stiffer. So I had the bilsteins installed at position 5 in front, mopar 2" kit UCAs, bilsteins in rear with icon 1.5" springs. Tires are BF Goodrich KO2s 35x12.5x20
measurements:
stock suspension and tires
FRONT: 21.25" from center of hub to middle of fender
REAR: 23.25" from denter of hub to middle of fender
W/ Bilsteins and new tires
FRONT: 23" From center of hub to middle of fender
REAR: 24.75" from center of hub to middle of fender
Does not appear to be any rubbing, granted i have only driven about 2 miles since picking it up. Will update as i put some more miles on her.

Attachments

• IMG_7409.jpeg
    IMG_7409.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7408.jpeg
    IMG_7408.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_7404.jpeg
    IMG_7404.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7405.jpeg
    IMG_7405.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 93

GoRamGo

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck from install. Looks amazing, rides nice just a bit little stiffer. So I had the bilsteins installed at position 5 in front, mopar 2" kit UCAs, bilsteins in rear with icon 1.5" springs. Tires are BF Goodrich KO2s 35x12.5x20
measurements:
Does not appear to be any rubbing, granted i have only driven about 2 miles since picking it up. Will update as i put some more miles on her.
I love it looks good yes keep me updated i get mine installed next Saturday

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
measurements:

We’re the UCA’s needed?.. anything said by the shop?

GoRamGo

Reaction score
I will have to try and upload photos tomorrow but so I got mine done looks perfect like what I wanted and honestly to me rides smoother I ended up doing my kit with billsteins front and rear motofab 2 inch top hat spacer 1.5 inch rear icon springs and the mopar lift kit UCAS all together I netted about 3.4 inches in the front and 1.5 in the back

GoRamGo

Reaction score
So I have been working alot have not been able to get good pictures but here is the only one I got at the moment my tires are 33s

Attachments

• my truck.jpg
    my truck.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 37

Users who are viewing this thread