5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround View Camera

PM-Performance

Reaction score
IMHO 360 cameras are a must have on big vehicles. I did not have it on my last truck and wished I had it all the time. I ordered my new truck without it too and was back and forth about the money savings. Since that order fell through and I got my Laramie instead, I am very happy that I got them on this one.
Life is soo much easier with them.
I kinda wish they would flip the front ones on when approaching close to something though, but you can click over to the camera fairly easily if needed

hayasa

Reaction score
Does the front view camera operate like a trail cam? And does it stay on or does it revert back to something else after time or at a certain speed?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was one of 2 reasons I traded my 2019 ram Laramie for my limited last month. Perfect for viewing the front or side when parking . All my other vehicles have it and I will never again buy without

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the tazer you can view at any speed if I remember correctly

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
In my career as a firefighter, I’ve seen way too many kids run over and killed by cars being moved at low speeds (pulling into driveways, backing out of garages, etc.) I have small kids and the 360 camera was the sole reason I got my 1500 instead of the 2500 in the beginning of 2019 (was t offered on the 2500 then). Now backup Cameras are standard which is a step in the right direction but 360 cameras should be standard on ALL vehicles. Period.. also, helps with not running over your kids toy, bikes, and my 15 year old dog...

BNeal

Reaction score
I want to see someone make a Box that took all the camera feeds and recorded them
like Tesla does for its Sentry Mode and be a dashcam too.

Malodave
Yea, I'm still puzzled by that. All that camera tech, it seems like such an easy lift to add recording capabilities.

Users who are viewing this thread