5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surround View Camera system - worth getting ?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I selected mine (just before COVID) this truck had all the musts I wanted. The 360 wasn’t one of them, was just a bonus…. That feature has been nothing short of amazing when going through tight spots (drivethru, and some campsites mostly)

Not a replacement for mirrors and turning your head - but as an addition to that, it’s awesome!

Redfour5

Reaction score
From what they told me when I ordered a couple weeks ago, you can’t get the advanced safety group on a Rebel right now. Due to the chip shortage they’re only putting that on the Laramie until further notice. How accurate or true that is, I can’t say but of all of the things I ordered on my rebel, that one was “not available.” Even tho I could add it on the build online page, they could not order it.

I’ve had surround cam on other vehicles. It’s awesome. Huge bummer I couldn’t get it, but not a show stopper at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No more trailer TPMS on the tow package...I noticed... I don't think you can get it at all. So, I'm glad I got mine last June.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Off topic - Hey UGA fan, BAMA fan here. Congrats on your victory and winning the Natty! Y'all deserve it no question. 🏆 💪
Thanks. Been a long wait for this one. Heck of a game!

GO DAWGS!

TSL

Reaction score
Thanks ya'll for the comments. I think I'm going to order it. Was feeling like I had to "draw the line" somewhere, so as not to bust the budget completely, but given I would expect to own the vehicle for a good number of years ( I don't trade in every couple years ), I think I'll long forget the extra cost and probably enjoy the benefits. As I mentioned, I did briefly experience the technology while test driving an F-150 and it did seem compelling.
Also, I did check with Mark Dodge and they told me that while the feature has been restricted, as of right now, it is available to order on both Laramie and Rebel trims. The website is not updated and shows it as unavailable on Laramie, but that is not in fact the case at this moment in time !

jent

Reaction score
Well now I feel dooooooped. I ordered 12/28 and was told I still could not order the ASG.
The ASG and blind spot monitoring options were really important to me. I wanted to place my order back in October but it was not possible then. As soon as it was available I placed my order (Dec 9th, almost exactly two months from when I first wanted to place my order). I am surprised it was such a short window where they were accepting ASG orders.

And of course, I have only ordered...we will see if the truck actually shows up and as configured 🤞

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ASG and blind spot monitoring options were really important to me. I wanted to place my order back in October but it was not possible then. As soon as it was available I placed my order (Dec 9th, almost exactly two months from when I first wanted to place my order). I am surprised it was such a short window where they were accepting ASG orders.

And of course, I have only ordered...we will see if the truck actually shows up and as configured 🤞
So they are doing the blind spot monitors for the Laramies and Rebels again now? Or just the Rebels...?

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So they are doing the blind spot monitors for the Laramies and Rebels again now? Or just the Rebels...?
To my knowledge as of the time of my order it was only available on the Laramies. (that was 12/28/21). But they never said anything about it being a time limit, etc, they just said "you can't get in on the Rebels anymore cuz coronachips" Which, I am QUITE sure is a sales tactic to get you to still buy now, and while they have you in front of them. Had they said it might be available again in a bit, i might have pumped the brakes, but they gave me the impression i str8 up couldn't get it "anymore."

Yeah it sucks because i really wanted that package as it was, but it wasn't a show stopper for me. and yeah ugh, i know what you mean... i hope everything else i was able to order isn't an issue. 🤞🤞🤞

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To my knowledge as of the time of my order it was only available on the Laramies. (that was 12/28/21). But they never said anything about it being a time limit, etc, they just said "you can't get in on the Rebels anymore cuz coronachips" Which, I am QUITE sure is a sales tactic to get you to still buy now, and while they have you in front of them. Had they said it might be available again in a bit, i might have pumped the brakes, but they gave me the impression i str8 up couldn't get it "anymore."

Yeah it sucks because i really wanted that package as it was, but it wasn't a show stopper for me. and yeah ugh, i know what you mean... i hope everything else i was able to order isn't an issue. 🤞🤞🤞
The cluster that is f****d continues...

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The cluster that is f****d continues...
Indeed, sux. hey (sorry off topic for a sec) i see a lot of guys get the Hellwig rear sway bar on here... is it that much of an upgrade from the stock? I put one on my old Ram Cummins 2500 way back but that was a leaf spring truck and it made a huge diff. these already have it tho... Just noticed you have it as well and you have a 22 so you did it right out of the gate.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Indeed, sux. hey (sorry off topic for a sec) i see a lot of guys get the Hellwig rear sway bar on here... is it that much of an upgrade from the stock? I put one on my old Ram Cummins 2500 way back but that was a leaf spring truck and it made a huge diff. these already have it tho... Just noticed you have it as well and you have a 22 so you did it right out of the gate.
I was skeptical at first but everyone here couldn't say enough good about 'em. It's not terribly expensive and was one of the few things I was willing to upgrade on my truck myself so I gave it a shot. Definitely makes a noticeable difference.

I described this with detail in some other thread, can't remember where but there's a small rear-end/bed wobble you get coming out of most turns and curves and this eliminates that.

1.21gigawatts

7-Stringer
Site Supporter
Reaction score
cool, thx i'll go lookin. and yeah there's a little inherent wiggle with the coil rear ends you don't have with a leaf spring setup, but those have their own inherent problems and this ride is MUCH nicer.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the exact one I have. And you're correct, it goes right after that "inherent wiggle" you're talking about and stops it dead. Previously I was "aware" of my truck bed and it felt like a separate piece of the truck, now it feels like one solid whole. Completely worth it. I have officially joined the chorus lol.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
I like it a lot and use it the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread