5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Supplier Fire F-150 stops all production. RAM effected?

ryelinek

Reaction score
Anyone else see the news about this fire at a part supplier that is shutting down production on all F-150s for several weeks.

I saw in an article every major company might be effected and FCA will have the Chrysler Pacifica impacted. Anyone have any idea if RAM will Be hit by any of this? Last thing I want to hear about is more delays on production for the 2019.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen that and looked into it but as far as I could tell the only impacted FCA vehicle could be the Pacifica.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the bad thing about JIT production. Ford has a big supply of trucks on the ground - but for anyone who wants something specific...this is throwing a wrench in your plans! A new F150 rolls off the line more than one every minute...I'm interested to see how long the shut down is and the financial impact it has.

I don't think the majority of consumers will be affected unless it goes on more than a few weeks. There are a quarter of a million F150's on the ground right now - either at the dealer or in transit...

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
The article I read said Ford has an 84 day supply of the F-150s and the part affected is the Radiator Mount. That supply plant supplies 50% of its production to Ford. Its enough that Ford Stock has taken a hit. Speculation is that this could last up to three weeks. The plant supplies more Dashboard type parts for FCA. I am not sure what car model that affects. Good article in USA today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online