5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUPERCHARGER & ETORQUE

Lettika

Reaction score
I'm new to the group as of last night so hello to everyone. Now lets get to work. I've seen that there are a couple of choices for a supercharger for the 5.7 that claim to add about 100hp. Has anyone installed one of these systems with the e-torque system? I wonder how it gets along with the variable firing set ups, ie 4cyl mode and the engine shutting down at full stop then the e-torque system starting everything back up when you touch the gas? Anyone tried this or is this uncharted waters?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
It hasn't been done yet to my knowledge, but I don't think the eTorque system would present an issue. The biggest thing would be waiting for a serpentine system that would work with the eTorque equipped trucks. Whether anyone is developing one or not I don't know.

People have been supercharging 4th Gens for years without issue and the Hemi has had cylinder deactivation for a long time. Another option is tuning out the cylinder deactivation.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll second @Jared B's comments. In the interview with Ram's chief engineer, he was asked about 'power adders' and eTorque. He smiled and suggested that he expected them to be complementary.

DeanKing

Reaction score
How do you deactivate the deactivation (MDS)? It was a $300 tuner on my 12 Challenger but since 14 they have made it so that you need a new PCM. That is a grand and puts you in serious warranty situation. Is there something simpler I am missing? The MDS is the main reason I got eTorque. The bog didn't seem as bad with the eTorque. Maybe my imagination.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I'm thinking TAZER will come out with a system to unlock these trucks. I know they are prevelant in the Charger community for all motor platforms including the options to engage line lock, turning off the MDS, seat belt chimes and performance pages.

768mph

Reaction score
I'm thinking TAZER will come out with a system to unlock these trucks. I know they are prevelant in the Charger community for all motor platforms including the options to engage line lock, turning off the MDS, seat belt chimes and performance pages.

I spoke with Joe Z and he’s working on it as we speak.

AGGIE00

Reaction score
Any news here? I’m missing my diesel more and more, so I’m hoping Whipple comes out with something soon.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome to the 48v revolution. There will be a number of advances in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread