5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Super Low Mileage with 2022 RAM 1500 Limited

Txram1500L

Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM Limited with the following configuration:
  • 5.7L V8 Hemi VVT eTorque
  • Off-road group
  • 3.92 rear axle ratio
  • Other bells and whistles
I am hardly getting 12 mpg. It does not matter whether I drive in the city or on the highway; it does not change beyond 1 mpg.

I did researched when I ordered the truck and do understand that going with a 3.92 axle ratio is going to impact mileage but not beyond 1 mpg or around. Off-road may impact it further, but I don't know if it would be that extreme to limit the mpg to 12.

I am not an aggressive driver and mostly drive in eco range (no towing) , so I should still be close to optimal. Advertised mileage was between 18 and 22 mpg, but this seems way lower.

I am clueless now about what could be resulting in such poor mileage or if this is in the ballpark of what other people are getting with similar configuration.

Thanks

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2022 RAM Limited with the following configuration:
  • 5.7L V8 Hemi VVT eTorque
  • Off-road group
  • 3.92 rear axle ratio
  • Other bells and whistles
I am hardly getting 12 mpg. It does not matter whether I drive in the city or on the highway; it does not change beyond 1 mpg.

I did researched when I ordered the truck and do understand that going with a 3.92 axle ratio is going to impact mileage but not beyond 1 mpg or around. Off-road may impact it further, but I don't know if it would be that extreme to limit the mpg to 12.

I am not an aggressive driver and mostly drive in eco range (no towing) , so I should still be close to optimal. Advertised mileage was between 18 and 22 mpg, but this seems way lower.

I am clueless now about what could be resulting in such poor mileage or if this is in the ballpark of what other people are getting with similar configuration.

Thanks

So many variables to consider. That being said, I barely get 12.3 mpg these days with a Rebel, which has 33" tires, 3.92 axle, no grill shutters or air dam. My driving is mostly city, but very hilly roads & highways in Socal. but unlike yourself, I can get about 15 - 17 mpg when on the highway.

If you can't see more than 1 mpg from city to highway, I would definitely consider bringing it in and having them take a look at it. You should still be under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread