5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is more then one option for sun roofs for all the trim levels? I order a '19 Laramie and am curious if I'm getting a single or double panel sun roof.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Crew cabs get the panoramic roof while quad cabs get the regular sized sunroof.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, I guess I will be getting the regular size because I ordered the quad cab Laramie.

Kramersp

Reaction score
With all the basic things like defrost, trim pieces, speaker grills and seat cover issues out there, you're gambling getting a 2019 Ram with a complex gaping hole in the roof.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
i had the sun roof in my 13 ram no issues. got the panoramic in my 19 and i love it. my wife's 14 GC overland, and her 17 GC summit both had the panoramic roof with no issues. love opening them on a nice cool day, and driving at night with the cover opened.

Kramersp

Reaction score
Big hole that can break or leak (reports of this) I didn't get one because the little sunroof in my F150 randomly crapped out the mechanicals and wouldn't shut. Fixed under warranty but that good it happened in southern California and not somewhere it rains a lot.

Ezshooter

JAFO
Reaction score
...... love opening them on a nice cool day, and driving at night with the cover opened.
I do to - both of the cool days in Texas (I.e there are only two). All of the other days, it’s blazing hot OR raining, hailing - or both blazing hot THEN raining and hailing. All that being said, I made the mista... uhh the lucky decision to bring my wife with me when I ordered my truck. You can see by my signature what we ordered.
EZ

DeanKing

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with a factory moonroof on any vehicle I have ever owned across at least 6 brands. This will be my first panoramic though. My Challenger got stuck open a few times but there is a reset procedure in the manual for recalibrating and that fixed it.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how bad these get in a hailstorm? I can imagine it being ugly but anyone know of actual damage?

Clarkism

Reaction score
Does anyone know if a sunroof can be installed after the fact. My friend has a 4 runner and the dealership did this for him. Would love to get one.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if a sunroof can be installed after the fact. My friend has a 4 runner and the dealership did this for him. Would love to get one.

It's possible to do an aftermarket install, sometimes the same company that makes them for the manufacturer offers aftermarket ones too (I know a Ford supplier did in the late 90's, can't remember the name, maybe starts with an "M"?), and in today's day with technology, they're much better than they used to be, however, they never seem to be the same quality as OEM factory installed, and even then, OEM's have some issues too from time to time. Personally, I'd never cut the roof of a vehicle that I paid more than $500 for, lol.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's only something like 2 or 3 suppliers for all of the OEM sunroofs. The technology is pretty solid when installed correctly.

Webasto and Valmet Automotive are 2 of them.

Last edited:

Clarkism

Reaction score
It's possible to do an aftermarket install, sometimes the same company that makes them for the manufacturer offers aftermarket ones too (I know a Ford supplier did in the late 90's, can't remember the name, maybe starts with an "M"?), and in today's day with technology, they're much better than they used to be, however, they never seem to be the same quality as OEM factory installed, and even then, OEM's have some issues too from time to time. Personally, I'd never cut the roof of a vehicle that I paid more than $500 for, lol.
Yeah I think you’re right thank you. Probably not worth cutting the roof of a 50k plus truck.

Truckin

Reaction score
Yeah I think you’re right thank you. Probably not worth cutting the roof of a 50k plus truck.

Yup. No way I would be cutting into the roof of a new truck...Before I ordered my new Longhorn, a Supercab Raptor was also in the mix (like the two door look and short wheelbase of the Supercab) but when the dealer said Ford eliminated the sunroof option on the 19' Supercab (extended cab) that was a dealbreaker. Now, happily awaiting the arrival of my new Longhorn!

Users who are viewing this thread