5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof drains

z28oc91

Reaction score
I bought my truck a week ago and saw the thread about checking sunroof drains. I looked at mine today to see if they were properly sealed. I see that the white drain tube is sticking out of the grommet in the other thread but mine are not. Should I bring to the dealer to fix, or would I be able to pop them off and grab the hose and run it through.

also if the sun roof is closed does any water really get through? I’m talking about average rain not storms. I really wanna wash my truck today because the weather is nice out

Attachments

• 14FDBAF6-530C-4AA6-8464-94C8B8AD824A.jpeg
    14FDBAF6-530C-4AA6-8464-94C8B8AD824A.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 73
  • FA10EEF4-62E3-4E89-9F2C-B3954B632D18.jpeg
    FA10EEF4-62E3-4E89-9F2C-B3954B632D18.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 70

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my truck a week ago and saw the thread about checking sunroof drains. I looked at mine today to see if they were properly sealed. I see that the white drain tube is sticking out of the grommet in the other thread but mine are not. Should I bring to the dealer to fix, or would I be able to pop them off and grab the hose and run it through.

also if the sun roof is closed does any water really get through? I’m talking about average rain not storms. I really wanna wash my truck today because the weather is nice out
Looks like your grommets are properly seated. I wouldn't worry about it unless you find water inside your cab. Just keep an eye on it for the next few rain storms or car washes.

The sun roof is designed to keep water out, but water can still get in. There is always a possibility for water to get in through any opening in the roof. Car makers know this, so they've been designing sunroofs on vehicles to deal with that water at least since the 80's.

z28oc91

Reaction score
just as an update, a coworker's buddy is a chrysler mechanic and a very reputable dealer in my area. I called him and he told me that they changed the design for the 2021 year so they dont have the 1/4 hose stick out. He also said most of the time people get water inside is a result of a clogged/dirty line so make sure to clean them properly

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
just as an update, a coworker's buddy is a chrysler mechanic and a very reputable dealer in my area. I called him and he told me that they changed the design for the 2021 year so they dont have the 1/4 hose stick out. He also said most of the time people get water inside is a result of a clogged/dirty line so make sure to clean them properly
Good info. Thanks for sharing.

z28oc91

Reaction score
i haven't read the other thread, is that between cab and bed? where are the drains?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Yes, between cab and bed.

Users who are viewing this thread