5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sunroof creaking noises

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
So I have narrowed down the creaking noise I hear to both sides of the rear portion of the front part of the dual pane sunroof. It sounds as if the sunroof is shifting when going over certain bumps. I know it is the rear part as when I vent the roof the noise does not exist. Anyone else have this?

i have tightened the 3 screws on each side bracket which hold the sunroof on the movable slide mechanism.

any suggestions besides going back to the dealership?

thanks

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I have narrowed down the creaking noise I hear to both sides of the rear portion of the front part of the dual pane sunroof. It sounds as if the sunroof is shifting when going over certain bumps. I know it is the rear part as when I vent the roof the noise does not exist. Anyone else have this?

i have tightened the 3 screws on each side bracket which hold the sunroof on the movable slide mechanism.

thanks

Hi @Whodeysrt - If you do have to work with your dealer, our team is just a private message away and we are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf for further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

witcohe

Reaction score

thanks

Try using Armorall (or an equivalent) on the rubber seal. I have a Challenger with a sunroof that starts squeaking about every three months due to the rubber gasket drying out.

Jared0505

Reaction score

thanks
I do have the same exact issue. I’ve tightened and loosened and tightened the screws too but no help. I’ve also taken it to my dealer and they said there’s nothing wrong with it. I doubt they even drove is as my dealers service is absolutely terrible here. Have you had any solutions yet?

RamCares

Reaction score
I do have the same exact issue. I’ve tightened and loosened and tightened the screws too but no help. I’ve also taken it to my dealer and they said there’s nothing wrong with it. I doubt they even drove is as my dealers service is absolutely terrible here. Have you had any solutions yet?

I apologize for the frustration, @Jared0505. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further support on this concern!

Mark
RamCares

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
I sprayed WD40 on
I sprayed WD40 on almost all the hinges and moving parts while it was opened and it went away...it was frustrating but I had enough and went to town spraying the parts...been quiet as can be since...

Jared0505

Reaction score
Did you just spray the rails and moving parts that run front to back or did you spray the middle post running side to side as well?

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I apologize for the frustration, @Jared0505. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message for further support on this concern!

Mark
RamCares
Hey RamCares. Same issue. 2019 Ram Rebel crew cab. Is this a warranty issue? Custom order recieved June 2019. Im at 56000 km. This issue started last month.

Tbh, it sounds as though when my suspension engages on a single corner (whether going forward or in reverse) there is a slight body twist that causes the sunroof to unseat. I have not encountered any leaks and have only encountered the sunroof reopening after closing once (jammed up?). My first thought was cold weather as I live in Fort McMurray but our deep winter hasn't started yet and this was not happening last winter

Thanks

RamCares

Reaction score
Hey RamCares. Same issue. 2019 Ram Rebel crew cab. Is this a warranty issue? Custom order recieved June 2019. Im at 56000 km. This issue started last month.

Tbh, it sounds as though when my suspension engages on a single corner (whether going forward or in reverse) there is a slight body twist that causes the sunroof to unseat. I have not encountered any leaks and have only encountered the sunroof reopening after closing once (jammed up?). My first thought was cold weather as I live in Fort McMurray but our deep winter hasn't started yet and this was not happening last winter

Thanks

I apologize that you are also experiencing this, @Six_Swix. We kindly recommend following up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up.

Mark
RamCares

mactullyfla

Reaction score
Did anyone get a resolution? I have a 2019 Ram Rebel same issue... creaking from moonroof. Dealership lubricated weatherstrip, but creaking is still there. They have escalated with STAR, but have not heard back. Has been weeks.

BowDown

Reaction score
Here

RAMB0'23

Reaction score

thanks
Did you try to loosen screws adjust the roof down a little and then tighten? I had same problem loosened the screws and adjusted the glass down a little bit and re-tightened. You have to reset /calibrate the sunroof using this procedure:
1. Place the ignition switch in RUN position.
2. Close all of the doors.
3. Press and release the vent switch (sunroof should move to vent position).
4. Once the sunroof has stopped motion at the vent position, press and hold the vent switch for at least 5 seconds to re-calibrate the sunroof position.
**If the sunroof did not reach the full vent open position, press and hold the vent switch until the full-vent-open position is reached then release the vent switch, then press and hold the vent switch for at least 5 seconds to re-calibrate the sunroof position.**
5. Cycle the sunroof from the full-vent-open position to the full-slide-open position and back to the full-vent-open position at least 7 complete times. The sunroof is now in customer mode with the obstacle detection thresholds updated.

It took a couple of tries to get it completely aligned when closed. I drove around and no more creaking. I had tried the silicon spray on seals and that did not stop the issue. Will update later if it comes back or if i have leaking.

Fernan0911

Reaction score
Hello.
I just found this post related to something that is happening to my truck. It its only 800 miles new.
There is a clunking / rattle noise when the sunroof is closed. It does not sound when in vent mode.
I have noticed that the two pieces of glass are not completely leveled when closed (looking from top).
There is no leak and this noise happens when flexing or on bumpy roads.

Any new thoughts on this topic?

tedonthenoob

Reaction score
I have also been dealing with this. Took it to the dealership in December and they couldn't figure it out. I'm at 35,200 miles and I won't have time to take it to the dealership again for 2 weeks with them trying to figure it out. Any other ideas?

Fernan0911

Reaction score
I have also been dealing with this. Took it to the dealership in December and they couldn't figure it out. I'm at 35,200 miles and I won't have time to take it to the dealership again for 2 weeks with them trying to figure it out. Any other ideas?
I did the calibration myself and so far have not noticed the problem again. I cleaned all seals and sprayed silicone sprays around.

ramredblack

Reaction score
I had the same creaking noise coming from my sunroof on my 2022 Ram . To make a long story short, the dealer had to replace the whole frame that goes around the glass panels. After the replacement, no more creaking noises.

Fernan0911

Reaction score
Sound just came back!
Will lube the seal with 3-in-1 rubber seal conditioner.
And take it to the dealer again if no good results…

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online