5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sun shade recommendation

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty easy to eyeball the difference between 5" and 10".

A dollar bill is 6.14" long. Is the sensor longer or shorter than a $1 bill?

Dave07

Reaction score
Damn you guys! I just spent $65 on a sunshade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForTehNguyen

Reaction score
I bought this for under $40, fitment and build quality is good. Be aware there are two different types depending on the sensors and trim you have

shaveman

Reaction score
Pretty easy to eyeball the difference between 5" and 10".

A dollar bill is 6.14" long. Is the sensor longer or shorter than a $1 bill?
Found a $5 bill (figured that would work)! I'm guessing they want you to measure the width, not the length. Width looks about 5", length looks like it could be 9-10".

30611 30612

pber1

Reaction score
I got this from amazon and it’s almost a perfect fit! It’s a little thinner and flimsier that expected but definitely helps! ED43A1FE-3612-4B9F-9689-2F18586028C8.png

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like something, but I don't want one that is bulky and annoying on the floor in the back seat when it's not up on my dash. It seems like all the "good" ones people have posted are like that. Roll up or fold up into something that is several inches thick and as long as the height of the windshield.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would like something, but I don't want one that is bulky and annoying on the floor in the back seat when it's not up on my dash. It seems like all the "good" ones people have posted are like that. Roll up or fold up into something that is several inches thick and as long as the height of the windshield.
The Covercraft actually fits perfectly on top of the underseat storage area, just beneath the rear seats. But there’s also so much room in the back that if you slide it up against the front of that storage area on the floor, it just about clears the floor mats and is out of the way of riders’ feet. It’s also easier to grab from the driver’s seat that way.

Personally, I avoid collapsible sunshades because they look sloppy (both in use and when rolled up), and they disintegrate into a crackling mess over time in the heat. I’m sure I’m OCD, but I’ve never seen or used one that felt like a quality product. You’re right that they can fit into a more compact space, but not that much smaller than others, and space isn’t my primary concern.

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Covercraft actually fits perfectly on top of the underseat storage area, just beneath the rear seats. But there’s also so much room in the back that if you slide it up against the front of that storage area on the floor, it just about clears the floor mats and is out of the way of riders’ feet. It’s also easier to grab from the driver’s seat that way.

Yeah... my problem is that my back seats are almost never folded down. I rarely have any passengers. They mostly stay up and scuba gear goes in and out of the floor area in the back. So, I think a bukly sunshade would still end up annoying me with being in the way. Or being buried under scuba gear just when I want to use it.

This is why I have never actually had a sunshade at all. My truck is at the shop right now getting the windows tinted with ceramic tint film. I'm hoping that the truck will stay cool enough inside, now, that I won't feel a need for a sunshade.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... my problem is that my back seats are almost never folded down. I rarely have any passengers. They mostly stay up and scuba gear goes in and out of the floor area in the back. So, I think a bukly sunshade would still end up annoying me with being in the way. Or being buried under scuba gear just when I want to use it.
Understood...in your case, something you could cram into your driver door pocket would be ideal. Maybe those rotating disc-style shades?

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Understood...in your case, something you could cram into your driver door pocket would be ideal. Maybe those rotating disc-style shades?

I was thinking about looking for something like that. Do they actually do anything? Or are they just a privacy screen?

rrbhokies

Reaction score
I got this from amazon and it’s almost a perfect fit! It’s a little thinner and flimsier that expected but definitely helps! View attachment 30615
I just bought the same one. Hasn't arrived yet. But I have the same brand for my Pacifica and it fits like a glove and keeps the heat out well. For $35 I figured I'd stick with this brand for the truck.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a new Laramie and need to get a sun shade for the windshield. I have the advanced safety group. Any recommendations?
Just received my Covercraft today. It’s fits perfectly. Expensive but worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread