5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestions for H7 LED Bulbs (with CANBUS Decoder) [AlphaRex Pro Headlights]

jordonjohnson

Reaction score
I have been having HEAPS of problems with my AlphaRex Pro Series headlights on my 2020 RAM 1500 Lone Star. They recommended I buy these lights: https://www.amazon.com/Light-Moses-Degree-Headlight-Conversion/dp/B07RPC1DZW?ref_=ast_sto_dp

But now I'm having problems getting the company to respond to let me know if the Driver has a Canbus Decoder built in or not (I would assume not since the computer in my truck is shutting the headlights off). I didn't have a single problem with my headlights since May, and now they are randomly going in and out. I've even tried swapping headlights with no luck. My high beams, low beams, and fog lights all shut off. But sometimes work 100% for 3-4 days, and then shut off again.
Does anyone have the Alpharex Pro and can give me pointers on which headlights they purchased with them?

Last edited:

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have been eyeing those headlights, will be following to see if you get it resolved, hope you do

shbates1969

Reaction score
I have a 2019 big horn new generation. I installed the ALPHA REX Pro series projector headlights back in May of this year. Since the weather has turned cold when I first start my truck my headlights flash on and off. I noticed if I leave them on bright for a little while and let them warm up they go back to working correctly. I had swapped out the halogen lights with Lasfit led lights when I installed the new headlights. I was beginning to think I had a ground problem somewhere. I’m hoping other people will chime in to give me an idea of what is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just get AlfaOBD so you can enable the HID headlamps setting in the BCM. This setting disables the PWM, which is why the bulbs flicker and shut off in cold weather. Then, you won’t need any special bulbs, resistors, decoders, etc.

Moe1962

Reaction score
I installed my Alpha Rex lights over the summer and installed some Haki (I think that was the brand) LED's from Amazon. It's been down to 27 degrees here and I have had no issues, but I remote start from inside the house. When I get outside, all is fine. It's not my daily driver, but just my experience.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Not sure if these will work for your needs or if they even would fit in our trucks but I had great luck with these in my Ford F-250. Might be worth looking into....

Users who are viewing this thread