5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Suggestion for bed divider that works well with bed rails

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions for an elegant solution for a bed divider that works well with the optional bed rails?
(When I say elegant, I mean not using 2x4’s or some other diy option)

I saw Mopar offers an option that is similar to a baby gate, but not sure if that is only for Rambox equipped beds?
Also the backflip and another option I saw, but swore I read at some point they did not work with the rail system if already equipped.

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not sure. I use a cargo bar that works pretty well

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Not sure. I use a cargo bar that works pretty well
Is it just basically a tension rod? Or something else? Can you elaborate?

I was looking at something like these, but does not look like they fit with the bed rail system

Attachments

• divider 1.png
    divider 1.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 15
  • divider 2.png
    divider 2.png
    462.9 KB · Views: 15

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is it just basically a tension rod? Or something else? Can you elaborate?

I was looking at something like these, but does not look like they fit with the bed rail system
They are generally ratcheting bars and extend to the width if your truck, I have 2 from my old truck but since I have ramboxes and a real divider I don't use them anymore.
I got 1 from Walmart for $20 and a stronger heavy duty one for $40 Amazon (that doesn't ratchet though).

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Correct it’s a ratcheting bar. It doesn’t have anything to do with the bed rails.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Actually looking at them more, the second one I posted must bolt to the factory bed rail system. I may be in luck with that one

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one of these that I bought from the mopar site, I believe it is the same. Been very happy with it, I've had it on my last two Rams.

1698602475556.png

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I have one of these that I bought from the mopar site, I believe it is the same. Been very happy with it, I've had it on my last two Rams.

View attachment 170135
Thank you,
Not sure why I thought this would not work with my bed rails or bed cover, but turns out none of these may be an issue.

If you had rails, was it harder to get to the cleats with the rail extensions needed for this unit?

HemiDude

Reaction score
Thank you,
Not sure why I thought this would not work with my bed rails or bed cover, but turns out none of these may be an issue.

If you had rails, was it harder to get to the cleats with the rail extensions needed for this unit?
Depending on which bed cover you have, you might need to make a small modification. My bed cover has struts that pin it up when it is folded all the way forward, and these interfered slightly with the cargo manager rails. I drilled a couple of holes in the divider brackets to lower them about 1/2", if I recall correctly, and everything functions perfectly. I posted about it somewhere on this forum, but here are a few pics of what I am referring to:
IMG_3004.JPG IMG_3005.JPG IMG_3008.JPG IMG_3011.JPG

And those cleats slide out at the front of the truck, so, not hard to get out at all.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Thank you for the information.
My question on the cleats was moreso the usability once the additional bracketry was installed

HemiDude

Reaction score
Sorry - I honestly don't recall the last time I used the cleats, heck they may or may not even be there. I use the divider and bungees for pretty much anything I need to secure in the bed, and my trailer for anything bigger/heavier than that.

Users who are viewing this thread