5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sub install

myhemipowered4x4

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 crew cab big horn edition. I have the 8” touch screen that is without navigation. I just ordered subs and a box. I’m curious where people are hooking up the rca cables and the remote power? Does the factory head unit have connections to hook these up? Or do I need a line out converter?

sppb32

Reaction score
I'm afraid it's a little more complicated than that.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
If you do not have the alpine or hk system then it is simple. Buy the iDatalink bCH3 this will bypass the anc module located under the driver seat. You can tap a line out converter to this to get RCA or if your amp takes high level input simply run speaker wire. This way you will not cut into any factory wire and not void any warranty claims down the road.

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
I have a 2021 ram 1500 crew cab big horn edition. I have the 8” touch screen that is without navigation. I just ordered subs and a box. I’m curious where people are hooking up the rca cables and the remote power? Does the factory head unit have connections to hook these up? Or do I need a line out converter?
I have the same set up and just installed the subwoofer harness with ANC bypass from Net Audio and was able to add subs with no issues.

Dave Dearden

Reaction score

Dave Dearden

Reaction score
It plugs into the ANC module under the driver seat.
I do not see any silver box at all. Maybe I'm dumb I don't know. I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn 6cyl
You won’t have anything under your seat unless you have the premium audio or a hemi.
So the harness above is not for me and I should return. I have to wire direct like normal. Line out converter to speaker wire yes?

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
I do not see any silver box at all. Maybe I'm dumb I don't know. I have a 2021 ram 1500 big horn 6cyl

So the harness above is not for me and I should return. I have to wire direct like normal. Line out converter to speaker wire yes?
My apologies, did not realize you had 6cyl. They do not come with ANC.

Ben2020

Reaction score
Longhorns can be equiped with a V-6 🤔. The V-6 in my Lonestar fits my needs, and I enjoy 24mpg at 80.

Quint

Reaction score
I'm still trying to read and understand all of this. Does buying this Net Audio harness essentially replace the need for a LOC? It deals with the ANC issue and converts to RCA outputs?

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
I'm still trying to read and understand all of this. Does buying this Net Audio harness essentially replace the need for a LOC? It deals with the ANC issue and converts to RCA outputs?

Depends on which harness you buy if you get one with the pac module then yes it will do both.

Quint

Reaction score
It plugs into the ANC module under the driver seat.
Mcdevo76 - Did you need to leave the ANC module in there when connecting the NetAudio harness, or can you remove the module and swap it out for your amp?

Mcdevo76

Reaction score
Mcdevo76 - Did you need to leave the ANC module in there when connecting the NetAudio harness, or can you remove the module and swap it out for your amp?
Yes, the ANC module stays in place. According to the website the bypass keeps ANC module on data-bus for vehicle diagnostics health.

Quint

Reaction score
Gotcha. I left it in as well. I appreciate everyone's help as I finally got my old sub and amp installed this weekend.

I did remove the metal bracket so that I could place my amp side-by-side with the ANC. Is there any real purpose for the bracket besides keeping the ANC from moving? I'm hoping that it wasn't for additional airflow.

Users who are viewing this thread