5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stupid Fuel Fill Issue, and my horrible dealership...

CaffGeek

Reaction score
They've replaced everything, I'm going in tomorrow so they can watch me pump gas 🤦‍♂️ this is so dumb. Apparently they think myself, attendants at full service stations, and my father who's been a mechanic for 40 years all don't know how to pump gas, and since they've changed all the parts, it must be something else or whatever... I'm trying not to get mad... but this is ridiculous

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not just Ram with the issue. You just don't see people here posting about other makes/models because this is a Ram forum
True. One time I received a 2018 Durango as a loaner and it had the fuel issue. Took forever to creep in 5 gals. Could not even lock the nozzle on first notch.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They've replaced everything, I'm going in tomorrow so they can watch me pump gas 🤦‍♂️ this is so dumb. Apparently they think myself, attendants at full service stations, and my father who's been a mechanic for 40 years all don't know how to pump gas, and since they've changed all the parts, it must be something else or whatever... I'm trying not to get mad... but this is ridiculous
maybe they'll tell you to ask the pump and filler neck nicely
"please pump gas nicely, thank you."

all while stroking the hose

😂

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have they added the dual Evap vapor filter yet?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's probably not that they don't think you k ow how to pump gas, but so they can see what its doing when it happens. Not that they couldn't go to the gas station themselves. But then the dealer would be paying for the fuel

CaffGeek

Reaction score
It's probably not that they don't think you k ow how to pump gas, but so they can see what its doing when it happens. Not that they couldn't go to the gas station themselves. But then the dealer would be paying for the fuel
I mean... maybe, but bill me for the fuel. I would be ok with that if they could diagnose and fix it.

CaffGeek

Reaction score
There is a TSB to add an EVAP filter to the existing filter area if you drive in a dusty conditions. They did replace the filter at least once or twice. I think the filler neck also comes with the filter.
Looks like they did that part. I think the dusty conditions could be relevant for most people... drive some gravel, or anyone in Canada with snow in the winter (which is when it seems to be the worst)

CaffGeek

Reaction score
Basically the "solution" since of course it worked perfectly at the gas station across from the dealer was "make sure the nozzle is fully seated, and if it's a pump where you can't, go somewhere else"

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't know about Manitoba, but most states in the US have lemon laws that would apply if they're attempted the same warranty repair 3 times and still haven't fixed a warranty concern. I got a pretty new Ford truck replaced with a brand new Ford truck one time, based on the Florida lemon law.

In fact, they replaced my truck without me filing Lemon Law paperwork, because they didn't WANT me to file LL paperwork... I went from a 2003 F250 to a slightly better equipped 2004 F350 at pretty much no cost.

CaffGeek

Reaction score
I don't know about Manitoba, but most states in the US have lemon laws that would apply if they're attempted the same warranty repair 3 times and still haven't fixed a warranty concern. I got a pretty new Ford truck replaced with a brand new Ford truck one time, based on the Florida lemon law.

In fact, they replaced my truck without me filing Lemon Law paperwork, because they didn't WANT me to file LL paperwork... I went from a 2003 F250 to a slightly better equipped 2004 F350 at pretty much no cost.
We have CAMVAP - Home, but I'm not sure we're there...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread