5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuff I haven’t figured out in my 2023 yet…..

seansmd

Reaction score
For #3:

iu
The symmetry of the spray bottle and the muzzle brake are awesome!

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
1) what prevents the “lower truck” button on the key fob from working? I park in off-road 2 and the side steps deployed and mirrors folded to prevent other people from scratching up my sides. However when I’m returning to the truck if I press the “lower truck“ button on the key fob it will not lower. I have to get in and start the truck. I can remote start the truck but I have to get in and press “start” before it will lower….and even then it’s not always 100%.

2) can’t figure out how to customize the buttons either below or above the display. I read that you can’t customize the buttons on the bottom of UC5 but you can at the top. I can’t remove the useless Alexa button or add buttons for open/close side steps, turn on surround camera (or any camera). What am I doing wrong? Since I have to manually deploy the sidesteps all the time and use the cameras when parking in my garage it would be nice to have a shortcut to those buttons.

3). How doI keep my wife from cranking up her air temperature and then closing all the vents so the air has nowhere to go but out of my vents? Seems like this would be a simple thing to address but somehow it keeps turning into a “thing”.

1) the truck won't lower with the side steps deployed.

2) no idea

3) divorce.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Mine wont lower with the side steps deployed either but its not supposed to like Cooz said; so, normal.
There are some members that swear it's supposed to lower and that truck is defective though :rolleyes:

John Galt

Reaction score
Mine wont lower with the side steps deployed either but its not supposed to like Cooz said; so, normal.
There are some members that swear it's supposed to lower and that truck is defective though :rolleyes:
Maybe alfobd can help with that…..

Derrick-23

Reaction score
Just to be clear, you are double clicking the lower button on the remote? It’s not a one press action, like lock or unlock.

John Galt

Reaction score
Just to be clear, you are double clicking the lower button on the remote? It’s not a one press action, like lock or unlock.
Yes. I think having the running boards down prevents the suspension from dropping to “loading”.

I was able to confirm it yesterday by trying it without the running boards deployed and it worked so it’s definitely having the running boards deployed that is preventing the suspension from lowering by remote.

Im wondering if Alfaobd can fix that.

nitmik

Reaction score
I’ve never tried lowering mine with the running boards deployed. But why won’t it let you? If it’s lowered, the running boards will deploy, so what’s the difference?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can't lower the truck with the running boards deployed as the truck has no way to know if they will hit something, and if they do the boards will bend\break and or cause a ton of damage so it just prevents you.
You can raise them with them deployed.

Nothing in Alfaodb I have seen that could change that behaver, that's more TazerDT live feature request territory if anything.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I think having the running boards down prevents the suspension from dropping to “loading”.

I was able to confirm it yesterday by trying it without the running boards deployed and it worked so it’s definitely having the running boards deployed that is preventing the suspension from lowering by remote.

Im wondering if Alfaobd can fix that.
it's not just a remote thing...even the control inside the truck doesn't work. it says it right in the cluster cannot lower with steps deployed or something like that. just can't see that from outside the truck using the remote :) I've gotten in the truck and left the door open while i maneuvered it around getting ready to wash it...now with door open and parked I want to lower it to make it easier to reach...steps are deployed cuz the door is open and the cluster tell me can't lower with steps deployed.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve never tried lowering mine with the running boards deployed. But why won’t it let you? If it’s lowered, the running boards will deploy, so what’s the difference?
The difference is, if the boards hit something while deploying, they will stop. If there is something under the truck and the boards are deployed, it would drop on the object, and destroy the boards.

nitmik

Reaction score
The difference is, if the boards hit something while deploying, they will stop. If there is something under the truck and the boards are deployed, it would drop on the object, and destroy the boards.
That makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread