5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuff I haven’t figured out in my 2023 yet…..

John Galt

Reaction score
1) what prevents the “lower truck” button on the key fob from working? I park in off-road 2 and the side steps deployed and mirrors folded to prevent other people from scratching up my sides. However when I’m returning to the truck if I press the “lower truck“ button on the key fob it will not lower. I have to get in and start the truck. I can remote start the truck but I have to get in and press “start” before it will lower….and even then it’s not always 100%.

2) can’t figure out how to customize the buttons either below or above the display. I read that you can’t customize the buttons on the bottom of UC5 but you can at the top. I can’t remove the useless Alexa button or add buttons for open/close side steps, turn on surround camera (or any camera). What am I doing wrong? Since I have to manually deploy the sidesteps all the time and use the cameras when parking in my garage it would be nice to have a shortcut to those buttons.

3). How doI keep my wife from cranking up her air temperature and then closing all the vents so the air has nowhere to go but out of my vents? Seems like this would be a simple thing to address but somehow it keeps turning into a “thing”.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
#1 is what Z-Cooz said.

Pull down from the top middle for #2.
I removed alexia and have surround view camera button on mine.
You can also add a section on your "pages" for shortcuts. I have surround view, drive to home, both sides heated or ventilated seats as shortcuts. I don't think power steps is an option for either of those locations.

#3 is a divorce. But really who crankes the heat and closes the vent but to be a troll?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
#1 is what Z-Cooz said.

You can also add a section on your "pages" for shortcuts. I have surround view, drive to home, both sides heated or ventilated seats as shortcuts. I don't think power steps is an option for either of those locations.

#3 is a divorce. But really who crankes the heat and closes the vent but to be a troll?
Hey Darksteel, can you say how you removed Alexa from the top row of UConnect? I removed it from all screeens but haven't been ale to figure out how to remove the symbol from the top.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1) what prevents the “lower truck” button on the key fob from working? I park in off-road 2 and the side steps deployed and mirrors folded to prevent other people from scratching up my sides. However when I’m returning to the truck if I press the “lower truck“ button on the key fob it will not lower. I have to get in and start the truck. I can remote start the truck but I have to get in and press “start” before it will lower….and even then it’s not always 100%.

2) can’t figure out how to customize the buttons either below or above the display. I read that you can’t customize the buttons on the bottom of UC5 but you can at the top. I can’t remove the useless Alexa button or add buttons for open/close side steps, turn on surround camera (or any camera). What am I doing wrong? Since I have to manually deploy the sidesteps all the time and use the cameras when parking in my garage it would be nice to have a shortcut to those buttons.

3). How doI keep my wife from cranking up her air temperature and then closing all the vents so the air has nowhere to go but out of my vents? Seems like this would be a simple thing to address but somehow it keeps turning into a “thing”.
Cants answer 1 or 2. Three is an issue between you and your wife and has nothing to do with the truck. Marriage counseling may be in order.

John Galt

Reaction score
Cants answer 1 or 2. Three is an issue between you and your wife and has nothing to do with the truck. Marriage counseling may be in order.
The marriage counselor put us in a “get along truck” with 2 temp controls and 1 set of vents and told us to figure it out. I’m actually posting from the truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hey Darksteel, can you say how you removed Alexa from the top row of UConnect? I removed it from all screeens but haven't been ale to figure out how to remove the symbol from the top.
I'll go out and take some pictures in a couple of hours.

John Galt

Reaction score
#1 is what Z-Cooz said.

She’s what we call “not very technical“. Her vehicle is a 2006 Honda with power windows and manual door locks. This is by choice. She doesn’t understand why someone would build a vehicle with 2 sets of climate controls but only 1 interconnected vent system. I guess her theory is that if she refuses to accept that then it won’t function that way.

If that was her biggest fault (and it pretty much is) I’d say I still come out ahead in life.

can the “sync climate controls” button be made into a shortcut?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe on the sync shortcut. There are climate buttons you can add. I'll take a look later and see.
I guess there could be a block in the middle between them, but then air would flow in and have nowhere to go so they would need to add a recirc route into the climate system so another 4 doors with electronic aucuation to break?

Tell her your truck is a manual and to ask you anytime she needs it changed :)

John Galt

Reaction score
Maybe on the sync shortcut. There are climate buttons you can add. I'll take a look later and see.
I guess there could be a block in the middle between them, but then air would flow in and have nowhere to go so they would need to add a recirc route into the climate system so another 4 doors with electronic aucuation to break?

Tell her your truck is a manual and to ask you anytime she needs it changed :)

I’ve been *mostly* fortunate in this new 2023 because she hasn’t figured out all the digital controls yet….and she finds the 12” display daunting. I wasn’t crazy about the 12” display myself for diff reasons but they didn’t have “wife proof” listed as one of the features.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
She’s what we call “not very technical“. Her vehicle is a 2006 Honda with power windows and manual door locks. This is by choice. She doesn’t understand why someone would build a vehicle with 2 sets of climate controls but only 1 interconnected vent system. I guess her theory is that if she refuses to accept that then it won’t function that way.

If that was her biggest fault (and it pretty much is) I’d say I still come out ahead in life.

can the “sync climate controls” button be made into a shortcut?
If you push your temp up/down button, it will pop up with the temp slider thing and at bottom will be the "sync" option. I think you can also go into the settings and turn off dual control option so it automatically adjust both sides at once.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
this may save our marriage
I can do you better then that.
Make the shortcut widget AND a climate widget at the bottom and use the top as a wide panel (or 2 squares)

This how you change the top icons, drag down at this point
1686590383863.jpeg
Long press and drag what you want up top
1686590405885.jpeg
If you want an empty slot beucase the things up top all suck drag it from the very top to this area (not way down or it resets)
1686590430756.jpeg

Add a new page or change your existing
1686590453036.jpeg
Add 1 as Climate and the other at Shortcuts
1686590469376.jpeg
This is climate, your sync button is right there near you not her
1686590484390.jpeg

Add to your shortcuts (you get 6)
1686590535336.png
Add controls and add whatever you want, I have surround view, home nav, and seat controls. I just added power side step
1686590564074.jpeg
1686590648298.png

John Galt

Reaction score
Yeh Ingot shortcuts working but I need Togo experiment with dragging icons out of the top bar…..that didn’t work for me.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeh Ingot shortcuts working but I need Togo experiment with dragging icons out of the top bar…..that didn’t work for me.
Look at this picture I posted.
You NEED to drag it here, or else the icons just keep going back. Needs to be ABOVE the list of apps but below the top bar.
If you want an empty slot beucase the things up top all suck drag it from the very top to this area (not way down or it resets)
1686593680847.png
1686593684269.png

Spritle

Reaction score
For #3:

iu

seansmd

Reaction score

2 has been answered pull down from the top and there is an edit option there.
3 leaving it alone :)

On one how do you park and keep them deployed? Missed that setting.

John Galt

Reaction score
2 has been answered pull down from the top and there is an edit option there.
3 leaving it alone :)

On one how do you park and keep them deployed? Missed that setting.
under “vehicle” button at the bottom there are 3 options. one of them is running boards. You can deploy and retract both with that button and it will STAY there…works for parking (except it disables lowering the suspension via key fob) and if you’re puttering around the truck and you don’t want the running boards going up and down every time you open a door you can use that button to close them and keep them closed.

Users who are viewing this thread