5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuck with tow mirrors?

Trialsbul

Reaction score
I just got my new limited decked out ram. The only problem is it came with the towing package with the tow mirrors, with no power fold. I told the dealer specifically I needed power folding mirrors to fit in my to small garage. I also said I wanted the new mirrors on the 1500, being I was trading in a 2018 limited 2500, I knew the mirrors were over kill for what I needed. Has anyone switched the mirrors? Also looking for the 360 degree camera on them. Or do I take the truck back????

Old Ray

Reaction score
Quick take it BACK !

No 360 with tow. And then do a search here, about 20 different threads

And oh you will be told from here that this is all your fault too. !

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
take it back. i was in the same situation as yours, the only difference is i caught it before they could get my truck over from another dealer.

Trialsbul

Reaction score
It’s so frustrating. I hate to wait another 2 months, but that was one of the things I liked. I feel like I am being too critical, but at 71k (sticker) I would think I should get what I want.

WRH

Reaction score
Same sad story here. Many owners are pissed about this... really sucks.

Rototerrier

Reaction score
It was because of this site that I was able to not fall into this trap. I really do feel for you guys who've been caught up in the tow mirror debacle. Best of luck on getting it resolved.

79 300

Reaction score
It was because of this site that I was able to not fall into this trap. I really do feel for you guys who've been caught up in the tow mirror debacle. Best of luck on getting it resolved.
Same for me.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Yupp this forum saved my behind as well, the sales guy was 100% confident and told me that the higher priced package rules and I should be good.

Trialsbul

Reaction score
UPDATE: dealer is finding same truck and trying to Dealer trade for one with the right mirrors. Only difference is, it won’t have the e torque, which might not be so bad with the first year glitches. Hoping other dealer will work with my dealer.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
i wonder how many trucks will be out there standing on dealers lot with the wrong mirrors....

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
UPDATE: dealer is finding same truck and trying to Dealer trade for one with the right mirrors. Only difference is, it won’t have the e torque, which might not be so bad with the first year glitches. Hoping other dealer will work with my dealer.
Glad you caught this early. I would not settle on this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread