5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Streaming Music through Sirius

Psimpson

Reaction score
How could all of our modems quit working at the same time? unhooking the battery might not be a bad idea though. I've done it once before and it healed some problems.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
How could all of our modems quit working at the same time? unhooking the battery might not be a bad idea though. I've done it once before and it healed some problems.
Good question! I’m a little surprised more forum members have t chimed in on this issue. I’m also surprised Sirius is acting like nothing happened.

Gitter

Reaction score
Where did you get your info from? Because I've talked to the dealership, SirusXM, and uconnect and every person says it has absolutely nothing to do with your hotspot. Not to mention I've had my truck a year and a half and never even activated my hotspot. And how is it I have some on demand and pandora but nothing in the 700 and up range? So I have to go along with everyone else saying it is a sirius issue.

I didn't get my info from anywhere, just deductive reasoning...so take it with a grain of salt.

I know their satellites are limited on channels and bandwidth, which is why they can offer more channels online only.

Plus, when you tune into a normal satellite channel, it shows the satellite symbol next to the channel number toward the top of the screen. When you go to the upper channels (the channels that don't use the satellites), the satellite symbol is replaced by the WiFi symbol.

I don't use Pandora, so I haven't a clue on that part.

That’s not correct. Sirius streaming channels have nothing to do with the ATT hotspot. I never signed up for the hotspot trial and I had all the streaming channels. I can still stream the Sirius “Artist Radio” stations I’ve setup in Sirius. It’s just the upper channels in the 790s along with some others that no longer stream.
Our trucks have Sirius 360l which is capable of satellite and streaming. If you have the Sirius All Access trial or a paid subscription you should be able to stream the streaming channels. The 360l has its own data connection independent of the ATT hotspot. It worked great for the 6 weeks I’ve had the truck and then a week or two ago, it was gone!

Some dealers set up the trial period for you (and maybe forgot to tell you)? The good dealers will sit there and walk you through it all to make sure it all works and you understand it all before you leave.

I just got off the phone with Sirius and their “escalation department”. They told me the issue is with the modem in the vehicle. They said no ATT hotspot is required and that I should get all channels with the All Access subscription. They recommended I take it to the dealer for service. I’m guessing that will yield nothing as the dealers seem to know nothing about this radio and how it works. Let me know if you get a different or better answer. Thanks.

That could be. I never thought it might have its own modem. It's never mentioned anywhere (either SiriusXM's own site, Ram, or uConnect). Seems like poor engineering to have 2 separate modems...but that could be a product of 2 companies not wanting to tie their services together.

Gitter

Reaction score
Did all of you who are having this issue, also fairly new 5th gen owners (within the past couple of months)? Or is this happening to those with older 5th gens as well?

Lrpilot

Reaction score
Did all of you who are having this issue, also fairly new 5th gen owners (within the past couple of months)? Or is this happening to those with older 5th gens as well?
I’m a new owner. I have a 2021 Longhorn and took delivery in late January.

mtehonica

Reaction score
I never use Sirius in my truck since I mostly use the app and always have my phone plugged in but figured provide another data point - I subscribe to the SiriusXM Select package, I don't have any channels over 400 and I don't have any 4G plan subscription. Couldn't tell you if I ever had channels over 400. Had my truck since July 2018.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I never use Sirius in my truck since I mostly use the app and always have my phone plugged in but figured provide another data point - I subscribe to the SiriusXM Select package, I don't have any channels over 400 and I don't have any 4G plan subscription. Couldn't tell you if I ever had channels over 400. Had my truck since July 2018.
You need the Sirius All Access plan to get channels over 400 aka the streaming channels.

Gitter

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited, bought it August 2020.

That's definitely well past the trial period of the AT&T hotspot but you only recently lost the data channels. Guess that does validate that it's not tied to the AT&T modem.

Now I'm curious about my SiriusXM too. I don't listen to the extras much, but since my AT&T is not active anymore (as of Jan), I never checked...

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SiriusXM All Access: While I have never tried the 700's channels, I have noticed that Pandora is not working as well as it use to. It drops signal about 50% of the time now and I just get the error on the screen.. something about low signal or some other BS. This started around the end of February.

Wonder if SiriusXM is having other issues they aren't willing to admit?

reb0957

Reaction score
I have owned mine since, October of 2019. I have the onederland channel saved as a preset. I noticed it was grayed out last Friday. Called yesterday, they said they sent a refresh message to my truck. No dice, it hasn't come back. I have never subscribed to the hot spot but do have Siriusxm guardian subscription. and SirusXM all access. Fixing to call them back. Pandora hasn't worked correctly in months either.

reb0957

Reaction score
After reading this & posting, I decided to give SXM another call. The lady kept telling me, you don't have 360L. The issue is with Ram. Stayed on the phone with her for almost an hour anyway in the truck. No conclusion, scheduled a call back to see if the issue corrects itself.
1. Vehicle comes with 5 years Sirius XM Travellink & traffic plus. I don't subscribe and have never subscribed to internet in order to have those. I will see if these work.
2. Pandora will only show related items for very popular artists like Bieber. I can create the station for Bieber but it won't play any songs.
3. I have a favorite Pandora channel. It will only play 4 or 5 thumbed up songs. Maybe it saved these songs in the radio while it has time to connect to data.
4. I know when I back up in my garage, it usually will switch to internet. I will see if that works after while.
If all the above works, maybe SXM took those channels off because it was costing them to much..... update in a few hours.

Czcon12

Reaction score
I got a call back from they're engineering Dept. (SiriusXM) and was told they have had several calls about the issue and they are investigating the problem. They will call back when they find something, and I was offered a refund for my subscription. So I guess they know about it but just not how to fix it.

Lrpilot

Reaction score
I got a call back from they're engineering Dept. (SiriusXM) and was told they have had several calls about the issue and they are investigating the problem. They will call back when they find something, and I was offered a refund for my subscription. So I guess they know about it but just not how to fix it.
Well, I’m glad I’m on a trial subscription because they tried to blame RAM and the modem in the vehicle for not working. However, they couldn’t explain why I can still stream Pandora Artist Radio channels I setup which requires a working modem. 🙄

Plus, it just doesn’t make sense that everyone’s modem would go out around the same time. I’m thinking Sirius updated something that screwed up all this stuff and won’t admit the problem when we call (except to you).

reb0957

Reaction score
I no longer get the option to switch to streaming when I back in my garage.
I only get the pandora stations I saved and it only plays thumbed up songs.
Travellink still updates. So there is a connection.
Disconnected battery for about an hour.
Nothing was fixed, shortcuts gone, climate control doesn't work correctly!
Crap

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Snwjnky

Reaction score
I wonder if it has anything to do with them trying to fix their broken satellite. LINK TO STORY
I'll check if I have those channels. I do subscribe to All Access.

Jgon371

Reaction score
I no longer get the option to switch to streaming when I back in my garage.
I only get the pandora stations I saved and it only plays thumbed up songs.
Travellink still updates. So there is a connection.
Disconnected battery for about an hour.
Nothing was fixed, shortcuts gone, climate control doesn't work correctly!
Crap

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
it will come back within 24 hours. The Ucrap will reboot and load all functions by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread