5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange issue with Cruise control 2019 Laramie

JonnyQuest

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with 63,000 miles, and was driving from Ohio to VA today doing 78 mph on cruise control. All of a sudden the dash showed something like a red lightning bolt and said there is a problem with cruise control. Then it switched to a different problem, and then said to service the towing system. The check engine light came on, and I could press the gas pedal but nothing would happen. So I took the very next edit and stopped in a fast food parking lot. Turned the truck off, went inside, and when I came back out the truck started five, but the check engine light was still on. I drove about 130 miles home, and stopped at Advance Auto. They could not get a reading. So I went to Autozone, and below is the report. Any ideas???

IMG_0603.jpeg

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That report is not very informative. Get yourself a cheap odb2 reader off of Amazon and download a free scan tool, ODB Fusion or Car Scanner. Very easy to learn and use.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie with 63,000 miles, and was driving from Ohio to VA today doing 78 mph on cruise control. All of a sudden the dash showed something like a red lightning bolt and said there is a problem with cruise control. Then it switched to a different problem, and then said to service the towing system. The check engine light came on, and I could press the gas pedal but nothing would happen. So I took the very next edit and stopped in a fast food parking lot. Turned the truck off, went inside, and when I came back out the truck started five, but the check engine light was still on. I drove about 130 miles home, and stopped at Advance Auto. They could not get a reading. So I went to Autozone, and below is the report. Any ideas???

View attachment 174014
Towards the bottom left, it says replace gas pedal position assy. Try resetting the pedal, by turning on, without starting, and push pedal to the floor, and releasing 3 times. Then clear the code, and see if it goes away. If not, you may have to buy new gas pedal.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Towards the bottom left, it says replace gas pedal position assy. Try resetting the pedal, by turning on, without starting, and push pedal to the floor, and releasing 3 times. Then clear the code, and see if it goes away. If not, you may have to buy new gas pedal.
He's getting messages saying problem with cruise control, and service the towing system.
I wouldn't buy a new peddle with those messages imo, a new pedal is only like $60-70 though so I guess it is cheaper than a battery assuming it works.

PatriotLonghorn

Reaction score
a low/bad 12V battery will throw all sorts of codes/problems/issues completely unrelated to anything actually wrong. Do a load test on the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread