5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Intermittent Problems with 2019 Limited

Airbearmd

Reaction score
I have have had several glitches in Uconnect which have been solved with various software upgrades, but there are a couple annoying ones that have remained. They seem temperature related below 40F. The look down picture when backing up has a blacked out area on the drivers side. I happen to like this feature so I really miss it when not working.

The most annoying glitch is recently the truck would not recognize either of my two FOBs. The truck is only 4 months old, so I know its not the FOB batteries. It will suddenly start working again hours later. I am trying to pin down some more info so when I take it in I won't be wasting my time. Both times this has occurred the weather has been cold and raining. It has never happened when clear and sunny, but not sure that has anything to do with it.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My wife’s Grand Cherokee recently had this problem in very cold Wx. I had her disconnect the negative battery cable to reboot the RF Hub Module. Started working again.

Airbearmd

Reaction score
My wife’s Grand Cherokee recently had this problem in very cold Wx. I had her disconnect the negative battery cable to reboot the RF Hub Module. Started working again.
Thanks for the info and if all else fails I'll try that. A 4 month old vehicle should not be having these issues, however! Taking the emergency key out of holder and holding it over start button will get it started, but again RAM needs to get more proactive in fixing these issues, instead of telling me it is "intermittent" and there is little we can do if it does not happen when its in for service.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and if all else fails I'll try that. A 4 month old vehicle should not be having these issues, however! Taking the emergency key out of holder and holding it over start button will get it started, but again RAM needs to get more proactive in fixing these issues, instead of telling me it is "intermittent" and there is little we can do if it does not happen when its in for service.
Emergency start would not work on hers either. RF hub was completely off line.

Users who are viewing this thread