5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stop your ride(s) from getting stolen!

Will_T

Reaction score
As long as they don't use the same frequency as your key fob...
Sorry if I am being dense but I don't understand. How does that relate hoping to find out where the person who posted about the battery disconnect got theirs?

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This could be a problem with our Rams, but there has to be a circuit in the starting system than be tapped.

Will_T

Reaction score
This could be a problem with our Rams, but there has to be a circuit in the starting system than be tapped.

I see now I think I was confused. Thought it was something that cut off the battery in the FOB not the actual 12 volt car battery.

I thought it was an aftermarket way to do what Ford is doing with two of their car models. Ford provides FOBs for those two cars that go to sleep when the FOB has not moved for 40 seconds. Then the FOB wakes up as soon as motion is detected. This would be the solution as the FOBs for those two cars stop broadcasting a signal after 40 seconds.

It does look like the place in the UK has the best solution. They do not list one available for Ram though. I emailed them to ask specifically.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online