5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock tires

1D32319

Reaction score
My stock tires looked almost new when I took them off at 7206 miles. I wasn't going to go through a NH winter with those OEM Duelers.

country4life

Reaction score
My stock tires looked almost new when I took them off at 7206 miles. I wasn't going to go through a NH winter with those OEM Duelers.
What tire did you replace the duelers with? I’m looking for a good all terrain that isn’t noisy or too aggressive tread

hehovis

Reaction score
I can tell you in the last 2 Ram trucks I've bought the factory tires measure tread depth of 2/32 less than advertised for the tire at like tire rack. This is new vers new. You can verify this for probably any new truck id bet. These manufactures get you coming and going. Anywhere to save a buck!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, I haven't seen many OEM tires that are still good past 20,000 to 25,000 miles in any car that I have owned; whether it was car, van, Jeep, or pickup. OEM tires are not the same as retail tires.
My 2012 Nissan Pathfinder stock tires lasted 66k miles and had some tread left. I can't remember if they were Bridgestone or BFGoodrich.

Pertzbro

Reaction score
I run a summer set and a winter set. 6 years later I got new summers and winters. I hate worn out tires. Winter and Summer sets seem to be best of both worlds. You also save all the winter corrosion from eating the nice summer wheels. Nothing beats a dedicated Snow tire, studded or not.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
What tire did you replace the duelers with? I’m looking for a good all terrain that isn’t noisy or too aggressive tread
Only been running these for a few hundred miles, but they've been great. Quiet, smooth, and excellent in the rain.

Continental Terrain Contact A/T, stock size

Kinda hard to find right now, took about three weeks for mine to come in from tirerack.

Highly rated on tirerack and one of the top two a/t tires on consumer reports, next to the Michelin. In tirerack's test, they outperformed the scorpions, Cooper at3, and one other I can't remember.

764acbb59b1f20f9e508f8dc4277da06.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

Omiester2

Reaction score
I just rolled over 22k miles on my 2019 and the stock tires look like hell. I would have expected to get 25 to 30k out of these, but I will be changing them soon.

What kind of miles are you folks getting out of your OEM tires before replacement? Just curious.

Oh and my Laramie came stock with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires in 275/55R20 size.
Our 2019 RAM Limited is @30k now and Goodyears are down low. Replacing these 22s isn't cheap, was hoping for a bit more miles out of them. Replacing them with Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus III 245-45-22/XL 114Hs. Sams Club can't get them in and mounted before 16 Oct. Will ping everyone with how they work out.

steveved

Reaction score
Only been running these for a few hundred miles, but they've been great. Quiet, smooth, and excellent in the rain.

Kinda hard to find right now, took about three weeks for mine to come in from tirerack.

Highly rated on tirerack and one of the top two a/t tires on consumer reports, next to the Michelin. In tirerack's test, they outperformed the scorpions, Cooper at3, and one other I can't remember.

Those the tires that I put on mine, except I went for the 285 because I wanted a bit more meat.

I have put 24k miles on them so far and have plenty of tread left.

I will definitely buy these again when they wear out.

moparman89

Reaction score
Most stock tires are junk. 25k is the expectation typically, but Honda and a few others use decent Michelin tires that last longer.

Omiester2

Reaction score

I had Continentals on my Dodge Magnum AWD. Those crappers wore out fast. Haven't look at them since. Please keep us posted on how they work out. Pirellis went through 8 inches of snow with no issues.

Ldc2335

Reaction score
I had Continentals on my Dodge Magnum AWD. Those crappers wore out fast. Haven't look at them since. Please keep us posted on how they work out. Pirellis went through 8 inches of snow with no issues.
I think it goes without saying, but I wouldn't judge a brand on one set, especially if they came on the car from the dealer. For example the wild peaks that come on the rams are a much different tire than the wild peaks that you buy from a tire store. On my F150, I had a set of BFG K02s last me like 20k miles/mostly highway. Amazing tires off road, but longevity was junk.

On these conti, I did tons of research and read tons of reviews. They are supposed to be very good and last a long time, which is probably why they are rated #1 or #2 in A/T tires depending on the test/tester and based on customer reviews. Beat or tied only by the ugly Michelin.

I don't get snow here in the Florida panhandle, but they are 3 peak rated. What I do get is rain, and lots of it. They've been awesome for that which is why I got them. And, they are super smooth and quiet. I won't be going back to BFG. These will be my new go-to tire.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it goes without saying, but I wouldn't judge a brand on one set, especially if they came on the car from the dealer. For example the wild peaks that come on the rams are a much different tire than the wild peaks that you buy from a tire store. On my F150, I had a set of BFG K02s last me like 20k miles/mostly highway. Amazing tires off road, but longevity was junk.

On these conti, I did tons of research and read tons of reviews. They are supposed to be very good and last a long time, which is probably why they are rated #1 or #2 in A/T tires depending on the test/tester and based on customer reviews. Beat or tied only by the ugly Michelin.

I don't get snow here in the Florida panhandle, but they are 3 peak rated. What I do get is rain, and lots of it. They've been awesome for that which is why I got them. And, they are super smooth and quiet. I won't be going back to BFG. These will be my new go-to tire.

How are the Wildpeaks different? There are two different model Wildpeak A/T's but the AT3's have a 50,000 mile warranty and the AT3W's have a 55,000 mile warranty. https://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/FA0216.pdf

Ldc2335

Reaction score
How are the Wildpeaks different? There are two different model Wildpeak A/T's but the AT3's have a 50,000 mile warranty and the AT3W's have a 55,000 mile warranty. https://www.tirerack.com/images/pdf/warranty/FA0216.pdf
Yeah, I don't remember all the model numbers and such. I just know the factory ones get a bad rep vs the retail (which I guess are the more aggressive ones).

I tried them on my F150 and sent them back. 3 of the 4 wouldn't balance even on a road force machine. Tech (old guy) said they were some of the most out of round tires he'd ever seen. Maybe a bad batch, but enough to deter me from buying them again. The BFG were far better, but more expensive. I've only got about 5k on these Continental, but they look brand new still. I also never expect to get the advertised miles out of ANY tire.

Not really trying to knock one over the other. They're all good tires that perform well. For me, I wanted an aggressive looking tire that killed it in the rain, balanced perfectly, and was reasonably quiet...so that's what I got.

BNeal

Reaction score
The OEM Goodyear 22" took me only 17,500 and down to the wear-bar. I am not an aggressive driver, rotate every 6k, and air maintained - absolute junk tire! Went with Continental Terrain Contact A/T and love them!

Users who are viewing this thread