5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock tires

steveved

Reaction score
I just rolled over 22k miles on my 2019 and the stock tires look like hell. I would have expected to get 25 to 30k out of these, but I will be changing them soon.

What kind of miles are you folks getting out of your OEM tires before replacement? Just curious.

Oh and my Laramie came stock with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires in 275/55R20 size.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went over 16,000 with my Dueler H/L's 275/55R20 and they look like they have hardly any wear. I run 36 PSI cold inflation pressure.

R

Rob5589

Even 25-30k sounds pretty sad. I could see that on some sticky performance road tire but not on a pick up.
Are you on top of rotation, pressures, balance?

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even 25-30k sounds pretty sad. I could see that on some sticky performance road tire but not on a pick up.
Are you on top of rotation, pressures, balance?
Honestly, I haven't seen many OEM tires that are still good past 20,000 to 25,000 miles in any car that I have owned; whether it was car, van, Jeep, or pickup. OEM tires are not the same as retail tires.

R

Rob5589

Honestly, I haven't seen many OEM tires that are still good past 20,000 to 25,000 miles in any car that I have owned; whether it was car, van, Jeep, or pickup. OEM tires are not the same as retail tires.
Have to say, I haven't seen that. I'm sitting in Americas Tire getting tires on the wifes Sorento. They are oem and have 54k and could probably get a couple thousand more. My Honda Fit had ~ 60k before replacement. My Silverado got a bit over 50k. Being vigilant on rotation and pressures will make a big difference. YMMV

Henrygrate

Reaction score
Same Issue here. (19-RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4) I always check tire pressure and rotate the tires frequently. Currently at 25K miles. I would be lucky if I make it to 30K. Two tires already already measure in places 6/32.

Kxlexus

Reaction score
Mine didn’t make it all the way home from the dealer when new. They are junk and I traded them in on a set of KO2’s while I could get something for them

Bearman95

Reaction score
I traded my Bridgestone duelers in at 2300 miles to discount tire on a new set of Perelli all-terrain plus, one inch taller than stock. Got $400 out of the trade.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regular rotations, always good pressure, Duelers completely shot at 26K, just replaced with Michelins.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They usually spec the cheapest tire possible, just another corner cutting measure. Always been that way. I agree that 20-25K is low but it's not likely your care, it's their tire choices.
Decades ago you were lucky to get 12-15K on new car tires before they were needing replacement.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stock tire update.... I swapped out the stock 22" Goodyears a couple of weeks ago. I had 25,000 on them still tread remaining but they were terrible in the snow. I figured I'd gotten enough miles to justify an early retirement. I up sized with 305/45r22 Goodyear Fortera.

rlc2020

Reaction score
My stock duelers are still looking good at 15k, I'm hoping to get till the end of my lease without having to replace, but I doubt that will happen. My wife's 2018 cherokee came with Firestone destination le2 and they were completely shot at 32k, not completely bald, but dry rotted and cracked and had zero traction in the rain. They were less than a year and a half old and all the miles were hwy miles.

The guy at Firestone told me that the oem tires have a significantly shorter lifespan by design. Less tread depth and the compound is less dense to save on rotational weight to get MPG numbers up. I can back this up as we lost almost 2MPG after installing the exact same tires back on the car. Its a scam and it sucks that we have to pay the price for it.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My stock duelers are still looking good at 15k, I'm hoping to get till the end of my lease without having to replace, but I doubt that will happen. My wife's 2018 cherokee came with Firestone destination le2 and they were completely shot at 32k, not completely bald, but dry rotted and cracked and had zero traction in the rain. They were less than a year and a half old and all the miles were hwy miles.

The guy at Firestone told me that the oem tires have a significantly shorter lifespan by design. Less tread depth and the compound is less dense to save on rotational weight to get MPG numbers up. I can back this up as we lost almost 2MPG after installing the exact same tires back on the car. Its a scam and it sucks that we have to pay the price for it.
Mine still looked fine at 15k, bald at 26k

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just rolled over 22k miles on my 2019 and the stock tires look like hell. I would have expected to get 25 to 30k out of these, but I will be changing them soon.

What kind of miles are you folks getting out of your OEM tires before replacement? Just curious.

Oh and my Laramie came stock with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires in 275/55R20 size.
My 2019 came with P275x65Rx18 Goodyear Wrangler Fortitudes. I've just crossed the 30,000 mile mark and I have at least 50% of the tire tread left.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 030110 miles.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I hope mine wear out soon, they appear round but up close they are weeble wobbles, completely ruin the ride. Dueler H/T 275/65 r18 model 685, the fact that the warranty is "0 miles" on the Bridgestone website says it all

Last edited:

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
15,200 miles on my zero issues, OEM 20" Bridgestone Duelers. measured this morning at 9/32". i run them @ 40psi, two rotations so far.
when the time comes i will replace with the same, they work very well for my needs.

country4life

Reaction score
id like to change my tires to all terrain should i stick with 275 55 20 what's the best all terrains for these trucks that have a smooth ride

Users who are viewing this thread