5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Speakers?

Ramjack

Reaction score
Thanks. Don't you need a wiring adapter to use aftermarket speakers?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can cut the connector off the wiring harness and put spade connectors on the wires or, what most of us do, get Metra adapters so we don't have to cut anything.

I only have the base audio system and I know that the dash speakers are a different adapter from the door speakers. Crutchfield will identify the ones you need. You can either get them from there (I think at some price point they include them for free) or you can take that part number and search for a better price (e.g. Amazon).

IMO you don't gain anything by removing the adapter on the OEM wiring. So much easier to just get the adapter and use that.

Ramjack

Reaction score
You can cut the connector off the wiring harness and put spade connectors on the wires or, what most of us do, get Metra adapters so we don't have to cut anything.

I only have the base audio system and I know that the dash speakers are a different adapter from the door speakers. Crutchfield will identify the ones you need. You can either get them from there (I think at some price point they include them for free) or you can take that part number and search for a better price (e.g. Amazon).

IMO you don't gain anything by removing the adapter on the OEM wiring. So much easier to just get the adapter and use that.
Is this what I need?

Users who are viewing this thread