5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Rebel/ORP rear spring length

U

User_21361

Does anyone have a set of stock rebel rear springs laying around that could measure the length for me?

ORP springs would probably work as well

Last edited by a moderator:
U

User_21361

I don't have one on hand, but if you go to Mopar whole sale parts they should have them for sale there
I'm looking for the measurements to compare with the icon springs. ORP is supposed to give a 1" lift and the icons 1.5". I was hoping to get confirmation on the length to compare apples to apples. Seems no one has any info on these springs and I may just have to have an expensive experiment.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

Do you have any pictures of your truck? Was thinking about getting those Fox 2.5s
I only have the rears in right now. Fronts will go in when they arrive with icon UCAs. Im 95% sure I'm going with Icon springs for an extra boost in the back which delay my install. I'll def need an alignment after the fronts. The rears provide lift, but the ride quality is definitely better on and off road compared to stock.

U

User_21361

I spoke with Icon today. They would not give me the actual data on their springs because one could easily recreate them. I'm not quite sure how you buy springs without knowing rates/length :) but maybe this is common.

Their tech said that the initial rate is a little stiffer than stock rebel springs and gets progressively more stiff to prevent bottoming out. Also, they reiterated that I would see only a .5" lift at most from these springs. If I was hoping for better ride quality on-road, the stock rebel springs would be better suited. If I carry a lot of weight or off road, then the icon springs would be better. Looks like I'll pass for now.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
I spoke with Icon today. They would not give me the actual data on their springs because one could easily recreate them. I'm not quite sure how you buy springs without knowing rates/length :) but maybe this is common.

Their tech said that the initial rate is a little stiffer than stock rebel springs and gets progressively more stiff to prevent bottoming out. Also, they reiterated that I would see only a .5" lift at most from these springs. If I was hoping for better ride quality on-road, the stock rebel springs would be better suited. If I carry a lot of weight or off road, then the icon springs would be better. Looks like I'll pass for now.
Icon doesn't list chit for specs. They've been doing the same for years.
Only thing i know about the Icon coil springs is that they have a 19.25" free length. Don't know about the rear coil springs in the new Rebel.
Can you take one of yours out and measure ?
This is the only thing Icon list in their website about their springs

Don't know much about 5th gen suspension, like you it took me a while to find some specs but for the 4th gen and made a little excel spreadsheet to try to help the 4th gen community in the ramforum site. i ran the Icon springs for over one year and have 1st hand experience with them, but again my truck is not a 5th gen or 5th gen Rebel so i can only help you with the general idea.

My 14 crew cab Mopar specs factory coils were 18.25" and in theory should have a 206lbs/inch linear rate.
When i bought the Icon 1.5" coils Icon used to advertised they were 25% softer than stock in their 1st rate and 75% stiffer on their 2nd rate. I see they've changed that verbiage and now say little softer than stock, still 75% on 2nd rate

I got 1 1/4" lift with them stock weight
3/4" with 450lbs in the bed
It takes about 800-1000lbs to make them sag 1", stockers will sag 2.5" with 1000lbs
I've never ever felt those Icon springs being harsh, never, even under load. Have no idea what the factory Rebel coil spring rate is but i doubt you'll be able to say that Icon coil springs ride harsh.

I ran the Icons with Rancho 9000 shocks that were valved for a RAM 2500 (always looking to improve things offfroad, i bought Icon coils cause i wanted longer shocks, so the 3rd gen 1500 or 2008-2010 or 12 2500 have the same rear shock eyeletes as ours and they fit like a glove) then later switched to Kings 2.5 suspension front and rear. Icon coils rode better than stock in my case, less wobbly under load, same as stock or better in the plush department.

I'm curious about the 2020 Rebel coil springs cause it seems from your conversation with Icon that they should provide 1/2" in a 4th gen truck and be a little stiffer than stock.

Last edited:
U

User_21361

Icon doesn't list chit for specs. They've been doing the same for years.
Only thing i know about the Icon coil springs is that they have a 19.25" free length. Don't know about the rear coil springs in the new Rebel.
Can you take one of yours out and measure ?
This is the only thing Icon list in their website about their springs

Don't know much about 5th gen suspension, like you it took me a while to find some specs but for the 4th gen and made a little excel spreadsheet to try to help the 4th gen community in the ramforum site. i ran the Icon springs for over one year and have 1st hand experience with them, but again my truck is not a 5th gen or 5th gen Rebel so i can only help you with the general idea.

My 14 crew cab Mopar specs factory coils were 18.25" and in theory should have a 206lbs/inch linear rate.
When i bought the Icon 1.5" coils Icon used to advertised they were 25% softer than stock in their 1st rate and 75% stiffer on their 2nd rate. I see they've changed that verbiage and now say little softer than stock, still 75% on 2nd rate

I got 1 1/4" lift with them stock weight
3/4" with 450lbs in the bed
It takes about 800-1000lbs to make them sag 1", stockers will sag 2.5" with 1000lbs
I've never ever felt those Icon springs being harsh, never, even under load. Have no idea what the factory Rebel coil spring rate is but i doubt you'll be able to say that Icon coil springs ride harsh.

I ran the Icons with Rancho 9000 shocks that were valved for a RAM 2500 (always looking to improve things offfroad, i bought Icon coils cause i wanted longer shocks, so the 3rd gen 1500 or 2008-2010 or 12 2500 have the same rear shock eyeletes as ours and they fit like a glove) then later switched to Kings 2.5 suspension front and rear. Icon coils rode better than stock in my case, less wobbly under load, same as stock or better in the plush department.

I'm curious about the 2020 Rebel coil springs cause it seems from your conversation with Icon that they should provide 1/2" in a 4th gen truck and be a little stiffer than stock.
Thanks that info is extremely helpful. I realized after I got my rear suspension bolted up and the tires on that I should have measured the spring while I had the chance. I'm struggling to bring myself to the point where I can take it all part again. Asking if anyone else had the specs seemed like a cheaper solution.

I do have a lot of weights sitting around so I might test the sag which should give me a decent comparison. The Rebel and ORP springs already give a 1-in lift stock. So the icons are only supposed to give a half inch more than that.

I'll do some testing tomorrow after I get my front coilovers installed. I think I'll end up running with this setup for a few months to see how I like it. If I want a little extra height in the back then I'll look at the icons. I'm already scheduled for an alignment on Friday and wheeling on Saturday so I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger now. I also want to be able to isolate what are the parts of suspension that I don't like. Since the shocks are already getting changed out I don't want to change too many things. My guess is rear springs and 35s are coming shortly after that.

wiendog

Reaction score
ORP rear springs for a 2019 are 20.5 inches long.I believe the stock springs are about 19 inches long.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks that info is extremely helpful. I realized after I got my rear suspension bolted up and the tires on that I should have measured the spring while I had the chance. I'm struggling to bring myself to the point where I can take it all part again. Asking if anyone else had the specs seemed like a cheaper solution.

I do have a lot of weights sitting around so I might test the sag which should give me a decent comparison. The Rebel and ORP springs already give a 1-in lift stock. So the icons are only supposed to give a half inch more than that.

I'll do some testing tomorrow after I get my front coilovers installed. I think I'll end up running with this setup for a few months to see how I like it. If I want a little extra height in the back then I'll look at the icons. I'm already scheduled for an alignment on Friday and wheeling on Saturday so I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger now. I also want to be able to isolate what are the parts of suspension that I don't like. Since the shocks are already getting changed out I don't want to change too many things. My guess is rear springs and 35s are coming shortly after that.

This is a pretty helpful thread, I'll be watching it for sure. There hasnt been much talk of raising the rear of the truck for rake purposes! And very little of payload/sag testing.
This is one of the very few.

I'm looking to do a mild lift, enough to clear 34.3" tires. Probably a set of Toyo AT3s.

I'm looking for a mild lift, but nothing enough to totally mess with my fuel economy or payload/towing characteristics.

I'm thinking the best feet forward doing a lift, going to bigger tires, but trying to maintain some mpg?
Probably keeping the factory rake, for me I'm thinking the aerodynamic profile was designed with those angles in mind, I think maintaining them as a good idea.
Next, keeping the wheels tucked inside the wheel wellsm Sticking out of the wheel well as a look some prefer and I do not blame them at all? for me I think I'm going to keep them inside for aero reasons again.

Sticking with a lighter tire, andba comparatively thinner tire, and a tread pattern that is less knobby, means less rolling resistance vs say a 35in x 12.5in pure mudtire.
A 34.3x11.6 is less to get moving, the AT3 is light in its size ranges, particularly vs say the Falken AT3Ws. (The New toyo AT3s are severe snow rated)

Supposedly 34.3s fit stock, but I think a mild lift is the best way to create the space. But alllll I see are level kits. Not sure what to think

Actual discussion on sag and rear springs? Fighting the good fight

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
Just to make this even more interesting here are my springs that will be going in next week. I also have Eibach rear shocks as well. These do measure 20.5” as well and they should give me 0.8 to 1.0” lift.

Attachments

• 861FC76A-5FEF-4ABC-A09E-EF070A4EDF55.jpeg
    861FC76A-5FEF-4ABC-A09E-EF070A4EDF55.jpeg
    250.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DA789E73-7E47-4D65-BC2E-899C5E16C686.jpeg
    DA789E73-7E47-4D65-BC2E-899C5E16C686.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 75
  • FC1EF4A9-8FEC-4FFB-9EAC-EB165C6BCD6E.jpeg
    FC1EF4A9-8FEC-4FFB-9EAC-EB165C6BCD6E.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 05B11C34-4365-4F64-8043-3CDCADB32FFD.jpeg
    05B11C34-4365-4F64-8043-3CDCADB32FFD.jpeg
    294.6 KB · Views: 74

Liam Leen

Reaction score
Just to make this even more interesting here are my springs that will be going in next week. I also have Eibach rear shocks as well. These do measure 20.5” as well and they should give me 0.8 to 1.0” lift.
Did you buy the Eibach stage 1 lift kit?

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Are these the ones listed from Eibach website as E30-27-011-02-02 ? I don't see the exact part# you have in the springs listed in the Eibach website, so i'm asusming those are the ones that come as E30-27-011-02-02 ?
Do you have the shocks E60-27-011-03-01 correct? can you measure extended and compressed lenght (eyelet to eyelet)
Eibach list the E30-27-011-02-02 springs for the 2020 V8 1500 4wd but doesn't mention anything about ORP, just 1" lift springs.
Just to make things more confusing :)

Last edited:

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are these the ones listed from Eibach website as E30-27-011-02-02 ? I don't see the exact part# you have in the springs listed in the Eibach website, so i'm asusming those are the ones that come as E30-27-011-02-02 ?
Do you have the shocks E60-27-011-03-01 correct? can you measure extended and compressed lenght (eyelet to eyelet)
Eibach list the E30-27-011-02-02 springs for the 2020 V8 1500 4wd but doesn't mention anything about ORP, just 1" lift springs.
Just to make things more confusing :)

"People don't think trying to lift a Rebel be like it is, but it do."

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
I spoke to Eibach and somehow I got hold of their main installer and the guy knew exactly about new Ram 1500 and said pretty much our website shows v8 or 2wd because those are the only trucks we had in to install and test on but he said I know there is no difference in rear springs or shocks betwern 2wd and 4wd. He said their springs are designed to lift the truck between 0.8-1.00 inch with their rear shocks. It is desgined to be stock like ride and the springs are not stiffed. He said they actually make springs for alot of other companies that they brand them as theirs.

Attachments

• 8C5B0ED7-FCDB-4AB1-8776-58EFEDE53B23.jpeg
    8C5B0ED7-FCDB-4AB1-8776-58EFEDE53B23.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 409B6F91-CEDA-427F-9284-0C6EC27EDBDB.jpeg
    409B6F91-CEDA-427F-9284-0C6EC27EDBDB.jpeg
    321.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 2EFACA59-0C72-42F1-8260-89AC83900D53.jpeg
    2EFACA59-0C72-42F1-8260-89AC83900D53.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 47
  • F5233AB2-6C59-43DD-801B-C2B71B21F721.jpeg
    F5233AB2-6C59-43DD-801B-C2B71B21F721.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 48

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
I spoke to Eibach and somehow I got hold of their main installer and the guy knew exactly about new Ram 1500 and said pretty much our website shows v8 or 2wd because those are the only trucks we had in to install and test on but he said I know there is no difference in rear springs or shocks betwern 2wd and 4wd. He said their springs are designed to lift the truck between 0.8-1.00 inch with their rear shocks. It is desgined to be stock like ride and the springs are not stiffed. He said they actually make springs for alot of other companies that they brand them as theirs.
can you measure the shocks from the shoulder of the first bushing until the center of the eyelet?
Thanks a lot.

Liam Leen

Reaction score
Does your truck have the ORP?

Users who are viewing this thread