5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Rebel/ORP rear spring length

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
No it does not. Eibach and ORP will be same height I just went with Eibach because it is spightly cheaper than stock ORP

U

User_21361

Just read on another thread that gladiator springs fit 4th gen trucks. We also know that the same icon springs work on both 4th gen and 5th gen trucks. The transitive law tells me that I'm heading out to find some test springs haha

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

U

User_21361

As promised here is the data I collected:

Measured floor to wheel well. I also validated the measurements when I took the weights out. What was interesting is that removing the weights left me 1/8 lower than when I started. I rocked the truck and everything went back to the starting measurements. Don't know what this accomplishes, but I said I would do it haha.

1600125474071.png

Liam Leen

Reaction score
As promised here is the data I collected:

Measured floor to wheel well. I also validated the measurements when I took the weights out. What was interesting is that removing the weights left me 1/8 lower than when I started. I rocked the truck and everything went back to the starting measurements. Don't know what this accomplishes, but I said I would do it haha.

View attachment 68564
Do you have a picture of your truck?

U

User_21361

Do you have a picture of your truck?
Here you go.
f93fdf86658cb930b2dc19206604f8ef.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Ramdo

Reaction score
This is a pretty helpful thread, I'll be watching it for sure. There hasnt been much talk of raising the rear of the truck for rake purposes! And very little of payload/sag testing.
This is one of the very few.

I'm looking to do a mild lift, enough to clear 34.3" tires. Probably a set of Toyo AT3s.

I'm looking for a mild lift, but nothing enough to totally mess with my fuel economy or payload/towing characteristics.

I'm thinking the best feet forward doing a lift, going to bigger tires, but trying to maintain some mpg?
Probably keeping the factory rake, for me I'm thinking the aerodynamic profile was designed with those angles in mind, I think maintaining them as a good idea.
Next, keeping the wheels tucked inside the wheel wellsm Sticking out of the wheel well as a look some prefer and I do not blame them at all? for me I think I'm going to keep them inside for aero reasons again.

Sticking with a lighter tire, andba comparatively thinner tire, and a tread pattern that is less knobby, means less rolling resistance vs say a 35in x 12.5in pure mudtire.
A 34.3x11.6 is less to get moving, the AT3 is light in its size ranges, particularly vs say the Falken AT3Ws. (The New toyo AT3s are severe snow rated)

Supposedly 34.3s fit stock, but I think a mild lift is the best way to create the space. But alllll I see are level kits. Not sure what to think

Actual discussion on sag and rear springs? Fighting the good fight
Currently I am running 295/75r18 (34.3x11.6) on Bilstein leveled Front and stock ORP Spring (Bilstein 6112 shocks) Rear. My wheels are fuel 12” with -18 offset. Not a whole lot of poke, but a little. The tires fit with the level and the negative offset wheel, but I feel that stock wheels would fit with no level.
F8E5B45D-2E5F-4102-BA46-03FC58DE60CB.jpeg 8B787273-E055-4F07-B1D0-E110DB6618DA.jpeg

ptacular06

Reaction score
Currently I am running 295/75r18 (34.3x11.6) on Bilstein leveled Front and stock ORP Spring (Bilstein 6112 shocks) Rear. My wheels are fuel 12” with -18 offset. Not a whole lot of poke, but a little. The tires fit with the level and the negative offset wheel, but I feel that stock wheels would fit with no level.
View attachment 70663 View attachment 70664
Rambo, did you have to run any wheel spacers? Any rubbing at full lock? Got any more pics of the side? Trying to decide on 305/ 65 18s or 295/70s

ptacular06

Reaction score
Oh and are you on the 4th or 5th setting on your 5100s? Awesome truck btw

ptacular06

Reaction score
Rambo, sorry for all the ?s, but your truck looks great...is your rear setup just the 5160s? Air ride or no? Just looks like the rear is lifted a touch and wasnt sure if your running standard 5160s with ORP or if you got air ride that has it raised up...thanks for your patience!

Mrsundays

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has posted because I’m too lazy to read them all, but I believe 4th and 5th Gen rear springs are the same fitment. The spring rates are probably different. The lower perch is the same, not sure about the upper.

Jorangel87

Reaction score
O
You happen to have the rear orp coil part# ?. I want to add 1” rear lift my 19 ram longhorn non orp since I added 2.5 leveling kit but seems nose high. Thanks.

JRW323

Reaction score
O

You happen to have the rear orp coil part# ?. I want to add 1” rear lift my 19 ram longhorn non orp since I added 2.5 leveling kit but seems nose high. Thanks.
Check this post, I have the ORP PNs posted.

Users who are viewing this thread