5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock exhaust

skol

Reaction score
What’s everyone doing with the stock exhaust? Is it worth anything? I just replaced mine and am not sure what to do with the old one.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not worth much. People have tried selling them here and I don’t think there has been much luck. Maybe hang on to it in case you ever sell it and buyer wants to go back to stock.

Jcalton

Reaction score
I have a scrap metal pile behind my shop that I take to the scrap yard whenever it gets to be large enough to pay for gas and lunch. Currently has 2 exhausts on the pile, about to be 3 then I'll be making a trip to the scrap yard.

The current exhausts are from a '16 challenger and '18 ram 1500. The mufflers they put on these things definitely add weight to the pile.

I paid for the exhaust, figure I might as well get any money out of it that I can. Not much demand to worry about selling it as an exhaust, so I'll sell it as metal :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I would want to buy the full stock exhaust if anyone is selling one in California

Lonestar21

Reaction score
^^^^, What happened with your stock one ?

I cut the oem muffler and put an aftermarket one on. Kinda want to go back to stock due to the annoying drone so I would want the whole setup from muffler bolt on to the rear tail pipes.
I’m sure there’s some out there people just don’t think they’ll sell lol

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
Yeah I sold mine for $40 to a guy on Facebook marketplace not sure what his plan was for it.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I had several people offer to buy mine as they wanted to practice welding with it..

skol

Reaction score
I had several people offer to buy mine as they wanted to practice welding with it..

I’ve seen you have been known to use different types of exhaust. Is it normal to have a burned rubber smell when first installing a new exhaust?

PorBoy

Reaction score
Yes as that’s usually the chemical that’s in it burning off.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
I’ve seen you have been known to use different types of exhaust. Is it normal to have a burned rubber smell when first installing a new exhaust?
I have installed a couple mufflers on my 2019 the first one seemed like the burned smell never went away I had it on for about 2 months before I swapped it for a quieter muffler that got welded on as well but that didn’t smell at all.
I don’t know why lol

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Told the business that put on my Carven to just keep the stock parts. I was shocked at how big the stock muffler was....a monster I tell ya.

Vader_Rebel

Reaction score
Told the business that put on my Carven to just keep the stock parts. I was shocked at how big the stock muffler was....a monster I tell ya.
How do you like the carven? I’m between that or the borla b2 muffler for now. Not sure I wanna drop the money for a full exhaust system just yet.

Ram19Va

Reaction score
Carven Competitor exceeded my expectations on sound level. Has a nice deep sound, and decent drone, but nothing annoying or that would override the radio.
The only thing is when MDS is on and about to cut all 8 cylinders back on...in that moment it gets very loud. One reason I keep MDS off.

Users who are viewing this thread