5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock big horn speakers V.S alpine

runamuck

Reaction score
I have the Alpine system in mine. I have read about owners who have swapped out speakers for JBL ones. Are folks with the Alpine system doing that or just folks with the base system, because the the pics of the spkrs coming out just look like generic speakers to me.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Alpine system in mine. I have read about owners who have swapped out speakers for JBL ones. Are folks with the Alpine system doing that or just folks with the base system, because the the pics of the spkrs coming out just look like generic speakers to me.
Both. I have the Alpine system and am replacing all the 3.5s with the JBL GX302s. The Alpine 3.5s don't have a proper tweeter. All the 6x9s are getting replaced with GX963s.

These speakers are a popular choice as they are 2.3 ohm speakers and all of the factory Alpine system speakers are 2 ohm. I have only replaced the dash speakers and the rear doors so far and they are a noticeable upgrade. I have the headliner speakers and front door speakers sitting in the garage, just haven't had a chance to put them in yet

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both. I have the Alpine system and am replacing all the 3.5s with the JBL GX302s. The Alpine 3.5s don't have a proper tweeter. All the 6x9s are getting replaced with GX963s.

These speakers are a popular choice as they are 2.3 ohm speakers and all of the factory Alpine system speakers are 2 ohm. I have only replaced the dash speakers and the rear doors so far and they are a noticeable upgrade. I have the headliner speakers and front door speakers sitting in the garage, just haven't had a chance to put them in yet

Do you have the ability to do some measurement sweeps with a mic and REW or similar? I’d be interested in seeing what it looks like after you replace all of the speakers. I could run some sweeps on my stock Alpine system for comparison.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
If u have the option get the stock and order online or go to a wholesale warehouse and buy all your speakers, the ones you choose. Replace them yourself with Pioneer, qb quartz, polk audio, jbl, jl audio ect. I did that in my 4th gen and was easy better than any other option ram offers

Blue Streak Ram

Reaction score

Are the tweeters too bright?

Markaly

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has listened to the stock big horn and alpine speakers? is there much of a quality difference is it worth the 500 dollar upgrade?
HUGE DIFFERENCE, I have a 19 3500 6.7... without getting into ho amazing the ANC (active nois control ) which itself comes with 4 microphones (in order to “tune” out unwanted noise) on the headliner 2driver and 2passenger front making Phone calls, voice command talk to text etc very usable, the TEN spaker Aloine system ( 3 on dash 1 in each o the 4 doors, 2 in headliner rear plus the subwoofer) gives u the option of surround sound when using ur input , it sounds great. My buddy purchased a longhorn and while the system is decent, it will disappoint if u like to jam while driving . Don’t think about it but the Upgade.. and I agree with another

Attachments

• 3212B78E-D9E1-4554-928C-0B60F45230F9.jpeg
    3212B78E-D9E1-4554-928C-0B60F45230F9.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 9859F1FF-F1F9-4BEE-9F16-DA5DB6320C40.jpeg
    9859F1FF-F1F9-4BEE-9F16-DA5DB6320C40.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64

Jmorrison

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has listened to the stock big horn and alpine speakers? is there much of a quality difference is it worth the 500 dollar upgrade?
I went from a HK system in my 2014 Laramie Limited to the Alpine system in my 2019 limited and the Alpine system SUCKS. The HK system was far superior in adjustability as well as sound quality both voice and music. In fact I can't believe how poor the Alpine system is. I am in the process of deciding which speakers to upgrade to. Some of the infinity speakers have gotten good reviews. Unfortunatley I don't think there is any way to change or upgrade the actual tuner embedded in the 12" screen.

Jmorrison

Reaction score
I have a full set getting ready to come out of my 19 limited. 2 dash, 2 F door, 2 rear door and sub if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread