5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock Amp

Kevin55

Reaction score
Hello. I'm new here to this sight, but not new to Rams. On the 5th generation does anyone know anything about the stock amp in a non Alpine stereo system? I want to replace the stock speakers and I'm not sure if the stock amp is going to handle the new speakers, I'm looking at Kickers, 60 watt RMS, 4 ohm.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There isn’t a separate amp in the non alpine base system. You can replace the speakers, dash and/or door. There are potential ANC issues when swapping the doors out you need to be familiar with and ready for. There are some very long threads on here with lots of info. Search stock stereo upgrade

Kevin55

Reaction score
Thanks, I found a thread explaining the issues with changing out the door speakers, It is more complicated than I thought. So for now I'm waiting and going to do more research.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dash speakers are super easy, inexpensive and don’t cause any issues. The doors are a bit trickier because you have to pull the door panels, check polarity and (possibly) be ready to address the ANC

sizmtrz

Reaction score
Is the ANC part of every Ram sound system? I have searched my cabin and found no module under and seats. I have a 19’ BH Sport, 3.6l with the base system and 8.4” head unit. Thanks.

sizmtrz

Reaction score
So with the 3.6 I likely don’t have it? Sweet, one less headache when I put the speakers in!

Users who are viewing this thread