5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stock 22" Tires upgraded to 35" Tires 35x12.50x22 Review

Rudrow

Reaction score
OK WELL I BIT THE BULLET AND CHANGED MY STOCK **** tires for Toyo Open Country AT II Extreme. These tires are NOT cheap, but I couldnt stand the stock tires and i only had 600 miles on them.

Please not the truck is stock but I have a 2.5 Mopar Level Lift and NO air ride.

FIT
The tires balanced easy and went on smooth.I had slight rubbing on full turn and they just dremelle out a 2" Square peice of inner plastic and it was fine.

LOOKS
The truck looks absolutely amazing compared to stock and sits like a king on the road. The stance is wide and beefy and the wheel sticks out ever so slightly from the truck now so I will need a fender flare. I the the pocket bushwacks will be to much, so i will likely go OE.

MILEAGE
I lost about 1.5-2 L/100kms so for you US guys i am sure there is some conversion to figure out what this means in MPG. That sucks but I knew it would be the case seeing as these weigh 75lbs each and are alot of tire contacting the road.

The RIDE
Ok this aint no eagle touring ride anymore, but the truck feels more planted to the road and you would not be afraid to drive in any weather anytime anywhere. That said you feel more bumps as its a 12ply tire and the road noise is a little more under 100kms hr or 60 mph. Over 100 or 60 it gets a little but louder which i dont love but maybe because my PSI is only 40 from the dealer and I should mess with that to see if i cant get the to quiet down. It feels heavier more like what a truck is meant to feel like. I do miss the feeling old Eagles that made the truck feel more car like.

Ask me any questions if I missed something.
IMG_20190511_1224396.jpg IMG_20190511_1701186.jpg IMG_20190511_1434099.jpg IMG_20190511_1433367.jpg IMG_20190511_1634000.jpg IMG_20190511_1737475.jpg 24799

sgk

Reaction score
looks great, worth the fuel loss. Just bought 33'x12 nittos and yesterday decided I wanted 35's, seeing this I think i need to do it. I guess 33's will be winters. How was your experience with Unique, have you by change tried their service department?

Rudrow

Reaction score
looks great, worth the fuel loss. Just bought 33'x12 nittos and yesterday decided I wanted 35's, seeing this I think i need to do it. I guess 33's will be winters. How was your experience with Unique, have you by change tried their service department?
In 2016 they walked my business when I bought my first RAM, this time honestly they were great, ON TIME and a great deal in the end. GO 35s !! I have a great guy for rubber if you need a good price.

sgk

Reaction score
Sure ill take the contact, my guy was pretty cheap on the 33's but on 35's not sure did not shop that around at all.

tazer006

Reaction score
I was not aware MOPAR made a 2.5 level? Can you give more info on this? I was only aware of a full 2" lift offered by MOPAR.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol. Sorry wasn't sure. I have the 3:21 I would have preferred 3.92 but didn't want to wait for another truck!
How does your truck do at interstate speeds? I hear people say that the larger tires can cause the 3.21 to hunt between 7th and 8th a lot on the interstate. Have you experienced anything like that?

chad202

Reaction score
I have 33's and find it downshifts a good bit more but doesn't really hunt. I would think it possibly would though with 35s.

Rudrow

Reaction score
How does your truck do at interstate speeds? I hear people say that the larger tires can cause the 3.21 to hunt between 7th and 8th a lot on the interstate. Have you experienced anything like that?
I havent noticed anything yet. I am on the hwy tomorrow so I will let you know.

Rudrow

Reaction score
I was not aware MOPAR made a 2.5 level? Can you give more info on this? I was only aware of a full 2" lift offered by MOPAR.
Honestly the RAM DEALER did it and if it was 2" it would not be quite level so i suppose they might have used a difffernt level lift. I simply said make sure its dead level front to rear which i am totally happy with. I prefer no rake and dont tow so its perfect for me.

tazer006

Reaction score
Honestly the RAM DEALER did it and if it was 2" it would not be quite level so i suppose they might have used a difffernt level lift. I simply said make sure its dead level front to rear which i am totally happy with. I prefer no rake and dont tow so its perfect for me.
Thanks for the response. I am wanting to do a level and need to stick with MOPAR as I have the maxcare lifetime warranty on my truck, I called the dealer and they stated the only option was a 2" lift, it lifts the front and rear however so the rake would go unchanged, which I am not a fan of.

Rudrow

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I am wanting to do a level and need to stick with MOPAR as I have the maxcare lifetime warranty on my truck, I called the dealer and they stated the only option was a 2" lift, it lifts the front and rear however so the rake would go unchanged, which I am not a fan of.
Intersting. I would like to see it when its done.

Rudrow

Reaction score
I put another 1000kms on and i dont find it hunts at all. I find my AT2 extemes loud over 100kmh thought

Rudrow

Reaction score
OK WELL I BIT THE BULLET AND CHANGED MY STOCK **** tires for Toyo Open Country AT II Extreme. These tires are NOT cheap, but I couldnt stand the stock tires and i only had 600 miles on them.

Please not the truck is stock but I have a 2.5 Mopar Level Lift and NO air ride.

FIT
The tires balanced easy and went on smooth.I had slight rubbing on full turn and they just dremelle out a 2" Square peice of inner plastic and it was fine.

LOOKS
The truck looks absolutely amazing compared to stock and sits like a king on the road. The stance is wide and beefy and the wheel sticks out ever so slightly from the truck now so I will need a fender flare. I the the pocket bushwacks will be to much, so i will likely go OE.

MILEAGE
I lost about 1.5-2 L/100kms so for you US guys i am sure there is some conversion to figure out what this means in MPG. That sucks but I knew it would be the case seeing as these weigh 75lbs each and are alot of tire contacting the road.

The RIDE
Ok this aint no eagle touring ride anymore, but the truck feels more planted to the road and you would not be afraid to drive in any weather anytime anywhere. That said you feel more bumps as its a 12ply tire and the road noise is a little more under 100kms hr or 60 mph. Over 100 or 60 it gets a little but louder which i dont love but maybe because my PSI is only 40 from the dealer and I should mess with that to see if i cant get the to quiet down. It feels heavier more like what a truck is meant to feel like. I do miss the feeling old Eagles that made the truck feel more car like.

View attachment 24792 View attachment 24793 View attachment 24798 View attachment 24797 View attachment 24794 View attachment 24795 View attachment 24799

Bpramz

Reaction score

FIT

LOOKS

MILEAGE

The RIDE

View attachment 24792 View attachment 24793 View attachment 24798 View attachment 24797 View attachment 24794 View attachment 24795 View attachment 24799
loss of 1.5-2 L/100km is not too bad... Did you calibrate your speedometer at all? and what ratio of highway to city driving do you do? just curious. I have a ram sport too and was looking to go that route in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread