5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STINKY 2019 Bighorn 1500 5.7 Hemi

SP1772

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Laramie Sport Crew Cab with 6’4” bed. I have the weed/burned rubber smell coming from the front after driving. I noticed it the first day I picked it up, but assumed it was just “new car smell that would fade away”. I don’t have a garage, so it doesn’t bother me too much. Just want to make sure it doesn’t cause problems down the road.

JV77

Reaction score
I had this smell on my truck when I bought it. It was somewhere between 6,000 and 7,500 miles before the smell was completely gone. It never bothered me too much as I didn’t smell it while driving, but the garage was horrible after parking for a couple hours. I’m now at about 10,500 miles and I’ve had no issues with anything engine or cooling system related.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had the same smell. It was in cab though. It has faded off since. I tried to find some good good just in hopes but nothing yet. Lol

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2019 Laramie Sport Crew Cab with 6’4” bed. I have the weed/burned rubber smell coming from the front after driving. I noticed it the first day I picked it up, but assumed it was just “new car smell that would fade away”. I don’t have a garage, so it doesn’t bother me too much. Just want to make sure it doesn’t cause problems down the road.
I'm at about 3500 miles and 6 months and my smell is almost gone. Haven't noticed any problems related to it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I'm glad to say my truck never had any weird smells. The only smell I have is the "new truck smell". Even after a year.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread