5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STINKY 2019 Bighorn 1500 5.7 Hemi

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is at the dealer and they are working on replacing the fan assembly on it based off of a star case.

ProKubinator

Reaction score
can you please provide the star case number so I can give it to my dealer? Thank you

Get N Dirty

Reaction score
I wish I would have had the factory installed weed smell option on my Bighorn. It might have helped me forget about all the other issues I have had with my truck. Maybe I can get that added on. .

Last edited:

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
star case # 101390360

Have you gotten it back? If so what was done to remedy the issue. Mine is definitely related to climate system and it's just a funky smell. Not like a traditional musty but just funky lol. I leave mine in Auto 100% of the time. If I turn it off the smell disappears.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Have you gotten it back? If so what was done to remedy the issue. Mine is definitely related to climate system and it's just a funky smell. Not like a traditional musty but just funky lol. I leave mine in Auto 100% of the time. If I turn it off the smell disappears.
They replaced the fan module assembly

StrykerX

Reaction score
My brother in law said his was fixed when they replaced his radiator fan assembly
I had my radiator fan assembly replaced today and it still smells......3800 miles on my truck now. I dont remember skunk smell when it was brand new, but has been there for the last 2500 miles.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
2500 miles on mine and she still smells like weed. Oh well, hoping a cop doesnt pull me over and arrest me :LOL:

Rich

Reaction score
Could anyone remotely describe this as a slightly burnt rubber odor?

I get a what I would describe as a hint of burnt rubber smell from time to time, but a dealer hasn't been able to find anything problem yet.

I wonder if it's this 'weed like' odor issue?

Codornothing

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ram 1500 rebel with the 5.7l hemi and I have about 2000 miles on it. I always park it outside and yesterday I noticed a burning smell and a few minutes later when I parked I noticed there was smoke coming from under my hood

JBreau

Reaction score
Mine did that aswell and the tech blamed the coolent lines:LOL::LOL:. I walked in the shop and flipped s**t and sniffed for myself and it was the shroud and it got replaced and it fixed it.

Ram 5.7

Reaction score
My dad works at the dealer and they told him the skunk smell is from the anti rust coating they now put on the exhaust. About 6000 miles on mine now and the smell is faint.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer supposedly ordered my shroud weeks ago, haven't heard a peep... wonder if these, or the vented seat fan, are on some kind of back order? Or maybe they just forgot to call...

My dad works at the dealer and they told him the skunk smell is from the anti rust coating they now put on the exhaust. About 6000 miles on mine now and the smell is faint.
If that's the case, how are other members reporting the smell is gone once the fan shroud is replaced? Sounds like he was given inorrect information.

Users who are viewing this thread