5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STINKY 2019 Bighorn 1500 5.7 Hemi

DBCrew

Reaction score
Mine was delivered to my house and I honestly thought it was the guy that dropped it off... it seems to be stronger outside the truck now. Glad to know he wasn't clam baking in my new truck lol!

Brobee

Reaction score
UPDATE: I installed the aFe intake today and took a quick spin. When I got back and parked in the garage, I didn't notice the stink. Wonder if the problem has something to do with the stock air box? Maybe that's where the drugs are getting smuggled in - the 'carbon' filter in the top of the stock air box....

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Was this smell not present during the test drive????
Is this happening to everyone? If so, what is the difference I wonder?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine had a smell for a couple months, I thought it was from the etorque battery behind the back seat. I haven't noticed it for a while though.

Brobee

Reaction score
UPDATE: I installed the aFe intake today and took a quick spin. When I got back and parked in the garage, I didn't notice the stink. Wonder if the problem has something to do with the stock air box? Maybe that's where the drugs are getting smuggled in - the 'carbon' filter in the top of the stock air box....

Update to the Update: Mine still parties with Bluntman and Chronic. I took it for a longer drive today, and it's back and in full force after closing the garage door upon my return. Truck has close to 3000 miles on it now, and no sign of fading.

Viking42

Reaction score
Hemp plants are more in more used as eco insulation material, can it be that once heated you get the wacky tobacky smell?

kevinssaco

Reaction score
My truck is smelling the same. Talked to a friend of mine at dodge. The smell is the coolant hoses. They are looking into it and trying to find a repair.
Thanks! This is the best explanation I've heard so far! Hopefully they do a recall and take care of this issue! Not nausiating to me and can't smell it inside the truck so not too upset but wish they'd just fess up!

Prod

Reaction score
I drove my new Bighorn home just over 2 weeks ago. Park it in the garage. Wife goes out to the garage an hour later, and asks why it stinks of weed?!?! I have about 400 miles on it and the smell is as strong as the day I brought it home???
Anybody else's truck smell like the freshest, greenest weed ever? I feel like it is something burning off the engine but have no idea..
2nd new RAM I had a 2015 brand new and never smelled this on that one.

Same issue here. 2019 Limited. Skunk smell especially when parked in garage or idling. Any resolution?

feriwynn

Reaction score
Same issue here. 2019 Limited. Skunk smell especially when parked in garage or idling. Any resolution?
Mine is in the shop for it now. I gave them the star case number listed on the thread. I also have brake noise.

mbanker

Reaction score
I have a 2019 longhorn 1000 miles- Smells like a skunk and check engine constantly on and off

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm... Didn't see this as a feature on the window sticker but if it was. Order Code MJ - Accent smell to attract the munchies and relax to the point of non-functionality. Comes with preloaded movies Joe Dirt, Talladega Nights, Hot Tub Time Machine, Bill & Teds excellent adventure, Step Brothers, American Pie, and Superbad. $500
:)

Reaction score
SOLUTION !!! Was the shroud for the radiator on the cab side. The replacement part 100% corrected the matter. 19 Limited

Last edited:

krakenatwork

Reaction score
I drove my new Bighorn home just over 2 weeks ago. Park it in the garage. Wife goes out to the garage an hour later, and asks why it stinks of weed?!?! I have about 400 miles on it and the smell is as strong as the day I brought it home???
Anybody else's truck smell like the freshest, greenest weed ever? I feel like it is something burning off the engine but have no idea..
2nd new RAM I had a 2015 brand new and never smelled this on that one.

Why, oh why do I have an image of "cheech and chong" appearing very clearly in my head?
in particular when they smuggled weed in an old Caddy's fenders, the exhaust did burn the weed and a cop chasing them on a bike got completely stoned...

On the other hand, I hope my truck won't smell weed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online