5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STINKY 2019 Bighorn 1500 5.7 Hemi

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I'm at about 800 miles and it just started smelling, it's some pretty dank stuff.

I'm honestly wondering if they used some hemp based lube. I use mpro7 and if you Huff the ejection port it smells pretty similar

Reaction score
19 Limited, been in 3 times. Nobody is really taking ownership of the issue. The fumes are nauseating. 1400 miles, two months. Skunky and/or burned rubber odor.

Jdub311

Reaction score
Mine smells of skunk as well but as of today has turned into dead body smell!! Anyone else? 700 miles...

1200GS

Reaction score
Mine smells of skunk as well but as of today has turned into dead body smell!! Anyone else? 700 miles...
970 miles and i can barely smell it anymore... so either its gone or i've gotten used to it :)

Grunkster

Reaction score
#bestthreadinhere! My october build laramie is the same still with 1100 miles...even here in the brutal cold of MN!!

67 RT

Reaction score
Mine did this too and my wife asked me, if I have been “smoking” in it. Lol.

Adamcan75

Reaction score
Mine has 1400 miles and still smells strong!! I smell it at the rear of the truck I thought maybe the wheel liners? But I also smell it up front! It’s driving me nuts!

Feltcycle

Reaction score
Mine has a smell near the rear passenger side. Doesn’t smell like weed to me, smells more like brake pads. Brake calipers and rotors did not feel too hot. Hopefully whatever it is burns off.
2019 Big Horn, 5.7, 7/18 build, 300 miles.

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
This thread made me smile. I am one of the lucky ones, no skunky herb smell with my Ram. That would be awkward if you did get pulled over. They would probably call BS that it's the truck and call in for a K-9 unit.

blabelle

Reaction score
My truck is smelling the same. Talked to a friend of mine at dodge. The smell is the coolant hoses. They are looking into it and trying to find a repair.

Thanks for the info Gabe. Pleae let us know what they do for you.

Mantis0720

Reaction score
Funny store there a guy that brought his truck back in and it has traces of weed in the front bumper dea showed don't know anything else this is coming from a 3rd party source

Huth05

Reaction score
My NOV build has the same issue. There are times when it is worse than others. I always get funny looks when I drop the kids off at school, had to tell them it was the truck once. I dont know if they believed me . Looking forward to seeing if @Gabe2010 comes back with any good news.

Neverthought

Reaction score
Glad to hear others having the same issue. My first one built before July didnt havr that smell but the one I brought home last week smells pretty dank. My wife thought it was the carpeted mats but even after I installed the rubber mats the smell was still presented. I do tend to notice it toward the front of the truck. Its unnerving reading about cooling hoses.

Autoplay

Reaction score
Had a thought....is it possible that parts made in Mexico,imported to US where it’s assembled,were used in various ways to smuggle in the wacky tobacky?

Users who are viewing this thread