5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sterling Heights Delivery Program?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With all the talk of truck and rail shortages, why not copy BMW and create a "Sterling Heights Delivery Program?" Ram could drop the $1,645 destination charge and instead charge a nominal white glove fee to fund some "handlers." You just coordinate with them, fly to Michigan, show up the morning of your appointment, and get a factory tour and a hat. They'd then hand you your keys, show you the start button and point to the exit. Well maybe more love than that.

I know folks who've done the BMW European delivery and they rave about it. Problem is, after your expensive euro-drive you still have to drive to a port to drop off the car, fly home, and still wait for your car. If Ram could create a "visit the motherland" Michigan trip with a little schmoozing and the ability to drive your truck straight home, I can see more than a few opting in for the experience. A one-way flight, one hotel night, and a day or three off work to drive your new beauty across America could be an awesome experience - and still cost less than $1,645.

Rams got the most luxurious truck interior. How about a delivery experience to match that appeals to the Mopar-bleeding and new-to-Ram Limited buyers at the same time?

cjgerson

Reaction score
I would totally be on-board! My cousin did the BMW European delivery and she loved it.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
While I couldn't speak to the logistics of it, I think it would be a great idea. Luxury trucks are commanding luxury car prices I think it would be a neat idea to add in some of that experience as an option. On the flip side of that coin though, most of us here are enthusiasts and probably would at least entertain the idea of doing that. As far as the general public buying a new truck, I'm not so sure.

Users who are viewing this thread