5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The United States In Q2 2022!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Stellantis Post It’s Sales Numbers For The United States In Q2 2022!​

Charger, Compass, & Pacifica Have Strong Results...​

1656859616213.png

Stellantis (FCA US, LLC) has released its sales numbers for the Q2 period of 2022. During the period, the automaker sold a total of 408,521 vehicles in the U.S. marketplace. Overall, total U.S. and retail sales for the Q2 period declined 16% and 24%, respectively. Total commercial shipments in the second quarter rose 13% versus the same quarter last year.

“We continue to see strong demand for our vehicles. While there are certainly industry supply constraints, our dealers are working hard to satisfy the needs of every customer,” said U.S. Head of Sales, Jeff Kommor. “The Grand Wagoneer and Wagoneer have successfully launched with sales continuing to grow, sales of the all-new Jeep® Grand Cherokee, Jeep Compass continue to see high sales volumes CYTD, and Ram brand’s retail and fleet demand for its commercial products remains incredibly strong.”

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Big props to them for continuing to try to deliver when other manufacturers are doing the opposite.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
A big drop in sales. Not surprising for a lot of reasons.

GM and Ford have refreshed their trucks and their new interiors rival, and in some ways exceed Ram's. Ram's exterior needs a refresh too, and overall quality needs improvement.

Next two years should be interesting.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A big drop in sales. Not surprising for a lot of reasons.

GM and Ford have refreshed their trucks and their new interiors rival, and in some ways exceed Ram's. Ram's exterior needs a refresh too, and overall quality needs improvement.

That's not it. All truck sales are down, not just Ram.

n8zcc

Reaction score

I guess interiors are truly subjective. I looked at Ford, (the displays look like old arcade games) the worst, GM's new design, OK, still prefer RAM's design and material quality so I ordered a new 2022. Took 8 1/2 weeks from order to driving it home but I live and bought in SE Michigan so transport delays were non-existent.

blue_by_you

Reaction score
maybe they declined because enough people bought at MSRP or higher and now folks realize that is stupid and will wait....

maybe with more options in powertrains by Ford (lightning, powerboost) and GM (6.2L) and general improvements across the board, buyers are looking elsewhere...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I guess interiors are truly subjective. I looked at Ford, (the displays look like old arcade games) the worst, GM's new design, OK, still prefer RAM's design and material quality so I ordered a new 2022. Took 8 1/2 weeks from order to driving it home but I live and bought in SE Michigan so transport delays were non-existent.
I think people’s brand loyalty often overrides logic. My neighbor is a die-hard Ford fan and has a 2010 and 2021 1500. I bought my ‘21 RAM 1500 (that I no longer have) and we compared trucks. Mine clearly had a better interior feel, but he kept pointing out that there were no massaging seats in the RAM and I should’ve got a Ford. All I could think was everything else was better about the RAM.

brewdad

Reaction score
I expect the massaging seats will be available for Ram in the mid-cycle refresh in September 2023 for 2024 model year; also, the night vision camera for spotting warm blooded critters at night. Both these features are currently available on the new Wagoneer twins and some of the Grand Cherokee trims.

n8zcc

Reaction score
I expect the massaging seats will be available for Ram in the mid-cycle refresh in September 2023 for 2024 model year; also, the night vision camera for spotting warm blooded critters at night. Both these features are currently available on the new Wagoneer twins and some of the Grand Cherokee trims.
I think massaging seats are gimmicky, if you have ever had the opportunity to sit in one for a long drive, you will soon discover why I call them a gimmick (besides driving up the MSRP which is already unobtainable for many). Again, this is likely subjective but I would opt to not have them. Heated and vented yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/