5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stellantis has threatened to move Ram 1500 production to Mexico, union leader says

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As long as stuff is made in the Americas, and especially Mexico I'm good with it. I'm tired of supporting China who has no interest in being our ally, friend, or even civil unless we bow to their whims. That said, jobs in Mexico means that Mexicans do not have to leave their beautiful country that we all vacation in to come here to find work to support their families. Money there, money not in China, and still lower prices for us. Yes we will feel the job impacts but until we realize that higher wages do not always equal a better life, this will happen and it is a double edged sword.
as a taiwanese american i 100% support taking jobs away from those commies.
i'm also tired of those chinese international students and businesspeople coming here and feel like they are superior and entitled because they have $$ to burn.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Last edited:

RAL

Reaction score
I watched the video. All of the distortions in pay and benefits are a result of the US automakers having to avoid the old union strictures that contributed significantly to the problems experienced by the U.S. automakers and that led to two of the three seeking reorganization in bankruptcy. If you want actual balance
In viewpoint. they should do a similar video with employees of the BMW plant at Spartanburg or the Toyota line workers in Texas. Ask them about their pay and benefits, including retirement and healthcare, and see what they say.

Jarrod32

Reaction score
Unions threaten to strike.
Companies threaten to move jobs away.

Just a lot of negotiating bluster. A lot of tough talk. And it is not even anything new. This is all from an old, dusty labor negotiation textbook.

Users who are viewing this thread