5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering wheel sticks

Bluegoat

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 1500 with 10,000 miles . The steering wheel sticks to the left when I go around tight curves and it does not return to center without much effort to correct it. This is very scary to me. I am so disappointed.
Took it to the dealership but they didn't determine the issue.
Anyone with this problem?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't have that problem, but I've heard there were problems with some of the steering racks. Do a search or others may be able to chime in with details.

dajogejr

Reaction score
You must have the built for NASCAR edition.
What…too soon?

Did you have it since new? Just start? Any recent mods or repairs (tires, brakes, shocks, lift kit, etc.)?
Any chance it’s stuck in 4wd? Do you feel any lurching by the tires? Only when going left, not right?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Some early 5th gens had rack issues. I don't know what the dates were, when they changed something, but there are other threads about it that you can check.

Bluegoat

Reaction score
You must have the built for NASCAR edition.
What…too soon?

Did you have it since new? Just start? Any recent mods or repairs (tires, brakes, shocks, lift kit, etc.)?
Any chance it’s stuck in 4wd? Do you feel any lurching by the tires? Only when going left, not right?
I ordered it from the factory and I received it in July 2022. It's a Ram 1500 Limited, 2 WD. It doesn't have any of the things you mentioned. I only noticed it only when going left around 55 mph curves .
It was Really bad on a recent trip to Seattle on the 5 North. There are some serious curves on this highway at High elevations especially in the Shasta area. The steering wheel seems to get stuck at the 11 o'clock position and it doesn't return to the center without my input to correct it. I would then experience a wobble to the vehicle after trying to keep it on the road.
Thanks for your reply.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
I ordered it from the factory and I received it in July 2022. It's a Ram 1500 Limited, 2 WD. It doesn't have any of the things you mentioned. I only noticed it only when going left around 55 mph curves .
It was Really bad on a recent trip to Seattle on the 5 North. There are some serious curves on this highway at High elevations especially in the Shasta area. The steering wheel seems to get stuck at the 11 o'clock position and it doesn't return to the center without my input to correct it. I would then experience a wobble to the vehicle after trying to keep it on the road.
Thanks for your reply.
Wow - Blue, thats incredibly dangerous. Get it into your dealer and lean on them about it !

dajogejr

Reaction score
Whoa.. Yeah, I took that as wouldn’t come back like in a parking lot or slow speed.
Yeah, agreed, dangerous …. I’d definitely get it in.

Users who are viewing this thread