5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering rack noise and losing power assist issue

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever find the issue and fix it? Just picked up a 2019 and has same noise. Like abs or low fluid, but as we know there is no fluid.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone ever find the issue and fix it? Just picked up a 2019 and has same noise. Like abs or low fluid, but as we know there is no fluid.
No mine still does it on right turns. It makes this grunting sound but the steering still functions normally.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has only done it when parking at work, otherwise no issues. I looked up fluid because I just got this truck 19 Laramie and wasn't sure. Then did a search for noises haha

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has only done it when parking at work, otherwise no issues. I looked up fluid because I just got this truck 19 Laramie and wasn't sure. Then did a search for noises haha
It would be a good trick to pull on some know it all to find the power steering fluid fill!

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would be a good trick to pull on some know it all to find the power steering fluid fill!
Yeah my 14 Grand Cherokee had it, but after 2015 they quit using. I never looked on my 17 4th Gen RAM, because I bought it new Haha. I figured it didn't, that's why I was wondering what the noise was. Low fluid, or ABS sound, but no lights.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hello,

Please send our team a PM with your VIN, we'd like to look further into this noise concern for you. Thank you

William
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread