5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Rack… Leak??

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,
I Couldn’t find a thread on the steering rack issue I currently have through the search options, so I’m posting to see if anyone experienced a leak like this one. Steering feels and sounds normal, no noticeable change. I don’t know what all the parts are called but the passenger side boot is visibly soaked and there’s a leak from the unit where it meets the boot (steering gear ???) I have an appointment on Monday at the dealership I bought it from and I messaged RamCares privately, but any help would be appreciated. See pics below
IMG_7627.jpeg IMG_7629.jpeg IMG_7630.jpeg IMG_7631.jpeg

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update:
Service tech says everything is fine. Apparently my mechanic was sloppy with my last oil change and oil spilled over the parts in question, giving the appearance of a leak. It was cleaned up and they found no issues with the steering rack. Good news for me, bad news for my mechanic when I ask for reimbursement of the cost of the Ram Service. But, at least there’s no issue or repair needed.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello @MG99!

I believe our team is already in contact with you to better address your concerns. We recommend continuing our exchange there so we can determine a course of action. Thanks so much!

Hannah
Ram Cares

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello @MG99!

I believe our team is already in contact with you to better address your concerns. We recommend continuing our exchange there so we can determine a course of action. Thanks so much!

Hannah
Ram Cares
Yes, we’ve had an ongoing dialogue regarding this and everyone has been great. Thank you!

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All appears okay. Had a mechanic take another look and no leaks found. I guess during one of the last oil changes, oil spilled over the parts, unbeknownst to me.

U

User_3336

All appears okay. Had a mechanic take another look and no leaks found. I guess during one of the last oil changes, oil spilled over the parts, unbeknownst to me.
If you seen where the oil filter was, then you'd probably realize that oil goes everywhere during an oil change on the HEMI. Sloppy of the person changing it not to try to attempt to make it look like less of a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread