5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering Directed headlights

Hrspwr88

Reaction score
Hey,

How significant is the motion of the headlight?

I'm trying to determine if mine actually work...

I tried looking at them at startup to check the calibration check but didnt notice that either.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
^^^Correct^^^
15 degrees.
The outboard lights steer more sharply (15 degrees) than the inboard lights (7 degrees). Read more at:

jfcody3962

Reaction score
The movement is pretty subtle compared to other cars that I have had with this option. On a side road going about 25 mph, try swerving fairly hard left to right...you'll see some movement. Slower speeds like in your driveway, turning into your garage...etc.....you won't notice much movement.

maddog49

Reaction score
Its pretty noticeable when going over 30mph on a curvy road or around a tight corner. You can definitely see them move 50-75 feet to the side at distance.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey,

How significant is the motion of the headlight?

I'm trying to determine if mine actually work...

I tried looking at them at startup to check the calibration check but didnt notice that either.

Easiest way to see them is to stand in front of your truck and do a remote start. You can easily see them swivel and it's much more noticeable than from inside the cab.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i can see it moving during start up but can't never see them moving during turn while driving.

Last edited:

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Noticed the movement more than I ever had a few mornings ago, pretty heavy fog and when I was turning into the parking lot at work you could see the light move in the fog LOL if that makes any sense.
I steered left and right a few times just because that was the most I'd noticed it, never had noticed while driving, but like someone said above, stand in front and remote start and you'll see them move.

HomlessBound

Reaction score
So question: how much better than the regular Laramie lights are the Laramie Longhorn/Limited lights?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So question: how much better than the regular Laramie lights are the Laramie Longhorn/Limited lights?
I have little experience with the mid-level LEDs, but the consensus seems to be that both types of LEDs work well. Love the adaptive LEDs on my Longhorn!

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Coming from a F-150 to the Longhorn so I can't comment on difference between Laramie and Longhorn headlights. But I can say the headlight on the Longhorn are excellent!

HomlessBound

Reaction score
1584371373946.png

This is based on the IIHS figures. Interesting that they show the Laramie as worse than the tradesman in several scenarios, wonder if they leveled those headlights properly.

Users who are viewing this thread