5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Steering column thud

Sobczynd

Reaction score
Anyone notice a thud that sounds like its coming from the steering column? Happens when in reverse at slow speed. Moving wheel up and down triggers it as well. Slightly press down on the wheel then let up and it will cause the thud. Sometimes I just get in the truck touch the wheel and there's the thud. I looked under the wheel and can out my hand on the column and feel it but can't locate where exactly its coming from.

cadillacrules

Reaction score
My 2014 1500 has a thud as well. Checked mounts for looseness, Nada
Tracks and steers fine so just quite to thinking about it

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone notice a thud that sounds like its coming from the steering column? Happens when in reverse at slow speed. Moving wheel up and down triggers it as well. Slightly press down on the wheel then let up and it will cause the thud. Sometimes I just get in the truck touch the wheel and there's the thud. I looked under the wheel and can out my hand on the column and feel it but can't locate where exactly its coming from.
My 2014 1500 has a thud as well. Checked mounts for looseness, Nada
Tracks and steers fine so just quite to thinking about it

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Hi @Sobczynd & @cadillacrules - Please be sure to let us know if at any point this is something you decide to address with your dealers. We are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread