5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting problems.

Ywgcandrew

Reaction score
This is my first post so please forgive me if it’s not in the right place exactly. I also did a quick search and couldn’t find something close to my problem.
My truck has a intermittent starting problem. Some starts are fine. Other times the truck will crank but not fire unless I hit the gas pedal slightly. While other times the truck will crank, and fire up normally but the rpm will drop almost as if the engine is going to stall. The problem started after owning the truck for about 5 months. It’s only got 26k km on it with the problem going on for about 8 months now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Sounds like you need to take it back to the dealership and have them to check it out. It's still under warranty isn't it. And if so tell them to keep it till it's fixed and give you a loaner vehicle till it's fixed. I've never have had a problem with my dealership about fixing a problem. I had mine one time to tell me to put in a security code before I could start it. Called the dealership and they sent out a rollback truck to it in. The next day they called me and told me it was fixed. They told me the computer had lost all of the info programmed into it. They ordered me a new pcm and I drove my truck until it came in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to take it back to the dealership and have them to check it out. It's still under warranty isn't it. And if so tell them to keep it till it's fixed and give you a loaner vehicle till it's fixed. I've never have had a problem with my dealership about fixing a problem. I had mine one time to tell me to put in a security code before I could start it. Called the dealership and they sent out a rollback truck to it in. The next day they called me and told me it was fixed. They told me the computer had lost all of the info programmed into it. They ordered me a new pcm and I drove my truck until it came in.

Great advice.
My dealer is great also. No issues with them ever fixing anything.

Reaction score
Sounds like a similar problem as mine. I was told my number 8 injector was leaking slightly at the fuel rail. Had it replaced last week, went to start it today and my starting problems are back.

jermball623

Reaction score
Yea sometimes I have longer crank times than normal. And yesterday was the first time it cranked and didn't start, had to push the button twice. Started fine on the second try. I'm not really sure what the problem is. Only 5k on my truck.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like a similar problem as mine. I was told my number 8 injector was leaking slightly at the fuel rail. Had it replaced last week, went to start it today and my starting problems are back.
Hi @Enmyofthestate - Just wanted to give you a heads up here that I had a chance to escalate your case!
Yea sometimes I have longer crank times than normal. And yesterday was the first time it cranked and didn't start, had to push the button twice. Started fine on the second try. I'm not really sure what the problem is. Only 5k on my truck.
This is my first post so please forgive me if it’s not in the right place exactly. I also did a quick search and couldn’t find something close to my problem.
My truck has a intermittent starting problem. Some starts are fine. Other times the truck will crank but not fire unless I hit the gas pedal slightly. While other times the truck will crank, and fire up normally but the rpm will drop almost as if the engine is going to stall. The problem started after owning the truck for about 5 months. It’s only got 26k km on it with the problem going on for about 8 months now. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Hi @jermball623 & @Ywgcandrew - I apologize that you are experiencing this, I certainly understand why it would be frustrating. If you decide to move forward with your dealers, please be sure to follow up with us via private message. We are more than happy to get you set up with further support through that process.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread